View Poll Results: Do you like Clarkson?
I'm from the North, and no I don't
23.08%
I'm from the North, and yes I do
35.90%
I'm from the South, and no I don't
12.82%
I'm from the South, and yes I do
28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

North / South Divide

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:46 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North / South Divide

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I think what he has done is turned TG into a hybrid of TG and Jackass.
I agree. And Bravo!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,this is the offical map!
Attached Thumbnails North / South Divide-north-south_divide_detail2_800px.jpg  
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Nah, the North/South divide goes around Yorkshire in its entirety. We're like a bubble of common sense, the heart of the country. We still refer to those north of us as Northeners, and those south of Yorkshire as soppy gits.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Ok,this is the offical map!
I could live with that as long as you move the line North of Sheffield!

Anyway, how long have you known where anywhere is? You get lost going to Asda!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Nah, the North/South divide goes around Yorkshire in its entirety. We're like a bubble of common sense, the heart of the country. We still refer to those north of us as Northeners, and those south of Yorkshire as soppy gits.
Not quite right Beakersful, it goes around West Yorkshire! South Yorkshire is The South, North Yorkshire is Geordie Land and East Yorkshire is er..............Humberside!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Not quite right Beakersful, it goes around West Yorkshire! South Yorkshire is The South, North Yorkshire is Geordie Land and East Yorkshire is er..............Humberside!
I wish it were so. Unfortunately even the Romans couldn't get further than York, the Vikings made their infields there, and Geordies, well they go south to York for the races, beer and not sure what else. They certainly leave enough evidence of their passing through.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

I could live with that as long as you move the line North of Sheffield!

Anyway, how long have you known where anywhere is? You get lost going to Asda!
You cant just move the line to include wherever you want.
Like it or lump it!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am not being associated with bloody Wales! Can't we just cut it off and float it towards The Emerald Isle?

Wales isn't even a country FFS!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am not being associated with bloody Wales! Can't we just cut it off and float it towards The Emerald Isle?

Wales isn't even a country FFS!
Watch your mouth you.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well come on, its a blot on the landscape of the UK!

What does it bring to the UK? Leeks and choirs!

And you know how much I begrudge paying nearly six quid to get over that bloody bridge!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

And you know how much I begrudge paying nearly six quid to get over that bloody bridge!
Is it true you don't have to pay to get out of Wales?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes its true there are only toll booths entering Wales, none on the way back!

Simple reason is it would be far too busy heading East as theres always a massive tailback from the Wesh trying to get to England!
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Bailey does a lovely sketch about cheese on toast being the Welsh national dish, but I can't find a clip of it.