North Korea

Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default North Korea

Just reading about North Korea and it all sounds rather scary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21713340

I don't now much about North Korea other than it is an incredibly closed country, they have nuclear capacity and they seem to be becoming more defiant to the UN. so anyone more informed care to share the background on it and the implications of any kind of war between North and South Korea, would China get involved, UN, US?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Korea

Just sabre rattling. Pakistan is the real danger to the world.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry darling..nobody will take him seriously with this haircut!!
Attached Thumbnails North Korea-111214-jong-un-232p.photoblog600.jpg  
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:40 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Just sabre rattling. Pakistan is the real danger to the world.
This, this and again this.
An increasingly extremists and divided country that is armed to the teeth and is absolutely paranoid about its neighbours and the west. Add in the security services collusion with the Taliban and nuclear weapons and its a truly rogue state we just haven't named
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Probably watched the remake of Red Dawn and decided to spook the West into coughing up more rice to avoid yet another famine.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:36 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

They are not quite so easily dismissed - this year China has ramped down rice supply and they're starting to panic that they have no friends left. The danger is that they're removing all the easy ways to de-escalate any situation that may happen.

That said, I agree with the others that Pakistan is the more dangerous.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 9:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by typical
And that's just the taxi drivers.
Old Mar 9th 2013, 9:27 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Don't worry darling..nobody will take him seriously with this haircut!!
He is the third generation in the line, imagine the fourth
Old Mar 10th 2013, 4:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

They are not quite so easily dismissed - this year China has ramped down rice supply and they're starting to panic that they have no friends left. The danger is that they're removing all the easy ways to de-escalate any situation that may happen.

You coming for a pint this week mate?

I think I still owe you one for the 'Nam help.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 5:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Goes to show how countries have interests not friends. It's not in China's interests now to prop up a cruddy little dictator of a state run worse that China in Mao's days. If China was really sensible they'd pour over the border and remove the leadership and oversee reunification - great PR and probably a lot of building contracts and loans to give.

Pakistan is more of a threat though - theocrats believe in an afterlife so have no problems dropping nukes.

N.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:46 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You coming for a pint this week mate?

I think I still owe you one for the 'Nam help.
Wish I could! I'm in Seoul right now, jobhunting. All my stuff is still in the sandpit mind, so I'll be back...

(Was back a couple of weekends ago but ended up so sick I couldn't get out of the hotel. Dragged myself to a job interview and that was about it.)
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could! I'm in Seoul right now, jobhunting. All my stuff is still in the sandpit mind, so I'll be back...

(Was back a couple of weekends ago but ended up so sick I couldn't get out of the hotel. Dragged myself to a job interview and that was about it.)
Friday brunches can upset the human digestive system after getting used to boiled dog.........
Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:51 am
Not an evil hypnotist

Sadly (or not), a lot of the dog restaurants have closed now. I see the occasional one, but it's an effort to find them.

Coffee chains, on the other hand, are bloody everywhere.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kix
And that's just the taxi drivers.
They're not that bad! I used one today and his English was excellent even without a uni education. He condemned everyone elses driving and only once mounted a pavement to get to the front of the queue and turn off left.