British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Nora Batty R.I.P. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/nora-batty-r-i-p-578678/)

Shadya Dec 15th 2008 4:23 pm

Nora Batty R.I.P.

Kathy Staff who played Nora Batty for some 20 years has passed away at the ripe old age of 80...she provided some happy memories.

Roadking Dec 15th 2008 6:25 pm

Re: Nora Batty R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7069621)
Kathy Staff who played Nora Batty for some 20 years has passed away at the ripe old age of 80...she provided some happy memories.

:(:(:(I loved those rumpled stockings..:(

MacScot Dec 15th 2008 7:12 pm

She made Aberdonians look stingy :rofl:

Such a bonnie Yorkshire lass :(

The Dean Dec 15th 2008 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7070118)
She made Aberdonians look stingy :rofl:

Such a bonnie Yorkshire lass :(

I have had an avatar tribute going for several hours now..........

BangleMan Dec 16th 2008 7:22 am

Shame, was a good actress, but have to say that The Last of the Summer Wine, is / was without doubt the unfunniest "comedy" in the entire history of television....utter garbage !!

Er, no, I take that back.....I forgot all about... Harry Hill !

angel delight Dec 16th 2008 7:24 am

aww god bless her.. she was great

Batty Dec 16th 2008 7:25 am

Aw.....:( She's my online namesake

Norah

Meow Dec 16th 2008 7:28 am

Last of the Summer Wine was absolutely dreadful. It has always been dreadful. As so many of the 'stars' have now died perhaps someone will finally decide to stop making this unfunniest of series.

Oliver Postgate dying was far more sad.

-

Grace O Malley Dec 16th 2008 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7071760)
Last of the Summer Wine was absolutely dreadful. It has always been dreadful. As so many of the 'stars' have now died perhaps someone will finally decide to stop making this unfunniest of series.

-

oh def

Benny Hill and Porridge also awful,

admon Dec 16th 2008 7:40 am

-

fak me.. the day has happened..

I agree with you..

I need a drink

Spugsy Dec 16th 2008 10:01 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7071786)
oh def

Benny Hill and Porridge also awful,

WHAT?

Porridge was ace man pet!

Spugsy Dec 16th 2008 10:02 am

-

it ewas shit, how many times can you laugh at some old twat in a diving suit going down a ****in' hill in a bath??

Canned laughter as well, even as a lad after a bath on a sunday could I not find it funny.

Now if we're talking 'allo 'allo - wahey, now that was good!

Grace O Malley Dec 16th 2008 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7072160)
WHAT?

Porridge was ace man pet!

:huh: you really found it funny

BangleMan Dec 16th 2008 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7072161)
it ewas shit, how many times can you laugh at some old twat in a diving suit going down a ****in' hill in a bath??

Canned laughter as well, even as a lad after a bath on a sunday could I not find it funny.

Now if we're talking 'allo 'allo - wahey, now that was good!

Ah, yes, I used to love watching 'Allo, Allo'.......Remember Renee, Evette & Maria in their French maid outfits every week, the egg whisk and celery, Lieutenant Gruber, Sgt "Klomp", numerous references to the fallen Madonna with the big boobies, Grandma's flashing bedknobs, the two toff English Pilots, the French resistance "listen very carefully I zhall say zis only once" Herr Flick of the Gestapo, and his sexy secretary.....and the English Policeman who tried to speak French.....hilarious

Have the box sets of the tv series....may dig them out !

The Dean Dec 16th 2008 11:52 am

Ah yes.............. 'allo, 'allo.............

Gorden Kaye (Rene) was injured in a car crash in about 1991 and was off work for several months. I went to the live stage show on his first appearance after he recovered - the opening scene featured him simply walking on to the stage.............

The place erupted, and he was given a standing ovation that must have lasted TEN minutes.

Remember - this was at the start of the show............

Tremendously popular guy.