Noisy Neighbours

Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Noisy Neighbours

We have been suffering for the last 4 weeks from our lovely new neighbours who are renovating the attached villa to ours.
They are drilling and demolishing walls sometimes until 10pm and our 2 year old is obviously waking up screaming and unsettled all night because of it.
I have confronted them to no avail and I wondered if anyone knew the legal cut off pointbasicaly where we can call the police.
Sorry if this is a bit ex-pat woman, but we are 1 step away from hurting someone!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:23 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noisy Neighbours

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
We have been suffering for the last 4 weeks from our lovely new neighbours who are renovating the attached villa to ours.
They are drilling and demolishing walls sometimes until 10pm and our 2 year old is obviously waking up screaming and unsettled all night because of it.
I have confronted them to no avail and I wondered if anyone knew the legal cut off pointbasicaly where we can call the police.
Sorry if this is a bit ex-pat woman, but we are 1 step away from hurting someone!
I understand the cut off time on building sites for excessive noise is supposed to be 10 pm, dont know if domestic is the same, what nationality is your neighbour, it could make a difference on a complaint to the police.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by rowell
I understand the cut off time on building sites for excessive noise is supposed to be 10 pm, dont know if domestic is the same, what nationality is your neighbour, it could make a difference on a complaint to the police.
Start a riot. When the nipper wakes at 4am, put some headphones on him with upsetting white noise, then go round and ring the doorbell with the nipper screaming. When they answer just hold the screaming baby out and ask if they think its acceptable.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
"Confronted them to no avail"?

What did you do/say exactly?