British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Noisy Neighbours (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/noisy-neighbours-775635/)

Max the Dog Oct 24th 2012 5:37 pm

Noisy Neighbours

We have been suffering for the last 4 weeks from our lovely new neighbours who are renovating the attached villa to ours.
They are drilling and demolishing walls sometimes until 10pm and our 2 year old is obviously waking up screaming and unsettled all night because of it.
I have confronted them to no avail and I wondered if anyone knew the legal cut off pointbasicaly where we can call the police.
Sorry if this is a bit ex-pat :frown:woman, but we are 1 step away from hurting someone!

rowell Oct 24th 2012 6:23 pm

Re: Noisy Neighbours

Originally Posted by Max the Dog (Post 10347973)
We have been suffering for the last 4 weeks from our lovely new neighbours who are renovating the attached villa to ours.
They are drilling and demolishing walls sometimes until 10pm and our 2 year old is obviously waking up screaming and unsettled all night because of it.
I have confronted them to no avail and I wondered if anyone knew the legal cut off pointbasicaly where we can call the police.
Sorry if this is a bit ex-pat :frown:woman, but we are 1 step away from hurting someone!

I understand the cut off time on building sites for excessive noise is supposed to be 10 pm, dont know if domestic is the same, what nationality is your neighbour, it could make a difference on a complaint to the police.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 24th 2012 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10348021)
I understand the cut off time on building sites for excessive noise is supposed to be 10 pm, dont know if domestic is the same, what nationality is your neighbour, it could make a difference on a complaint to the police.

Start a riot. When the nipper wakes at 4am, put some headphones on him with upsetting white noise, then go round and ring the doorbell with the nipper screaming. When they answer just hold the screaming baby out and ask if they think its acceptable.

The Dean Oct 25th 2012 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Max the Dog (Post 10347973)

"Confronted them to no avail"?

What did you do/say exactly?