NOC

Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default NOC

An Italian engineer friend has been here just under 2 years, working for a local firm in AD. He has a 2-month notice period. He has been offered another job here which he wants to take. His current employer is making it very difficult for him to leave, and has said that they won't issue an NOC.

What are the consequences of not getting an NOC, and does my friend have any options?

(Additionally, his salary payments have been late recently, and he is concerned that if he does leave--or push the point--the salary payments will get even later.)
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOC

You are so lazy.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626087

If they wont issue a NOC, he will get a ban. I thought it was 6 months, but according to this thread it is 3 years. Ways round it if you have a bit of cash.

Tell him just to call the local Ministry of Labour office
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

3 years for NOC, but you used to be able to pay 5000 and get if lifted, agree with that scots bird, best to check with the Labour Office
Old Aug 11th 2010, 10:04 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NOC

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Italian engineer
That’s a terrifying thought .
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the same boat i suppose.
My present contract expires here in Riyadh Feb next year.
Recently offered a new job in Al Jubail.
I have spoken to Harley St with a view to sort out a new visa medical etc etc,
They say i need a NOC as well.
Maybe i will have to try the Bahrain saga.
Any one any help full coments / ideas please.
Thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
That’s a terrifying thought .
He makes a mean tiramisu.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Raynman has a spectacular aura aboutRaynman has a spectacular aura aboutRaynman has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by coffindodger
I am in the same boat i suppose.
My present contract expires here in Riyadh Feb next year.
Recently offered a new job in Al Jubail.
I have spoken to Harley St with a view to sort out a new visa medical etc etc,
They say i need a NOC as well.
Maybe i will have to try the Bahrain saga.
Any one any help full coments / ideas please.
Thanks.

My understanding is that in Saudi the NOC is no longer a requirement. Companies cannot insist on one. Your present company may agree to give you a release and allow you to find alternative employment or if they are not willing to give the release the new company has to issue a new visa which has to be done at your home country (so a quick hop over to Bahrain will not suffice!)

I am going through the same issue at the moment and this is the advice/information I have been given by local nationals.

Hope everything works out for you.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:32 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: NOC

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
He makes a mean tiramisu.
When you actually wanted him to spec. a pump?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raynman
My understanding is that in Saudi the NOC is no longer a requirement. Companies cannot insist on one. Your present company may agree to give you a release and allow you to find alternative employment or if they are not willing to give the release the new company has to issue a new visa which has to be done at your home country (so a quick hop over to Bahrain will not suffice!)

I am going through the same issue at the moment and this is the advice/information I have been given by local nationals.

Hope everything works out for you.
Please if you could keep me updated on your situation.
It may be helpfull to me early next year.
Thanks.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 11:22 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Charismatic
When you actually wanted him to spec. a pump?
Nah, he'll make me a tiramisu any time.

He's an environmental engineer, good guy No connection with pumps.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

In the UAE if you are an Engineer and have a degree you can apply to the MOL to have the ban lifted for no cost.

If they refuse to give an NOC as it has already been said the new employers can lift the ban with a payment its a pretty simple process.
Old Aug 12th 2010, 1:35 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by banter64
In the UAE if you are an Engineer and have a degree you can apply to the MOL to have the ban lifted for no cost.

If they refuse to give an NOC as it has already been said the new employers can lift the ban with a payment its a pretty simple process.
Thanks banter.