No landlord contact

Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:51 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default No landlord contact

I'm trying to renew my rental contract. The agency is saying that they'll charge 1000 Dhm to do so, I countered that it's illegal, maximum is 160. Their counter was that they charge 1000 because of witnessing and the potential of going to RERA, hhhmmm smells fishy but I'm not paying and can't be arsed to raise it with RERA. I'm going to renew myself and have got blank Tenancy Contracts.
Turns out my place has been sold so I was given a name & email for the new LL. However he hasn't answered my email, the email was a work address and I rang them and they say they've never heard of him. I asked the agency for a phone number and nothing back from them so far.
Question is now where do I stand? Unable to pay as I can't contact the LL or have the tenancy agreement signed. Renewal is due on the 23rd so the clock is ticking.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No landlord contact

Squatters rights
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
I'm trying to renew my rental contract. The agency is saying that they'll charge 1000 Dhm to do so, I countered that it's illegal, maximum is 160. Their counter was that they charge 1000 because of witnessing and the potential of going to RERA, hhhmmm smells fishy but I'm not paying and can't be arsed to raise it with RERA. I'm going to renew myself and have got blank Tenancy Contracts.
Turns out my place has been sold so I was given a name & email for the new LL. However he hasn't answered my email, the email was a work address and I rang them and they say they've never heard of him. I asked the agency for a phone number and nothing back from them so far.
Question is now where do I stand? Unable to pay as I can't contact the LL or have the tenancy agreement signed. Renewal is due on the 23rd so the clock is ticking.

Call RERA darling 04 222 1112 Explain the situation to them. You can't be evicted because they have to give you a years notice if they are/have sold it and want you to leave. You get 3 months notice if they don't want to renew, either way because nobody has told you they won't be renewing you have the right to stay.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:42 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. LL rang me 2 days ago, came round that evening and we filled in the paperwork, handed over the cheque. He came back last night with all the signed papers. Job jobbed :-)
Good article, although it's the agency and not the LL asking for money in my case. The reason given by the agency was that they witness the contract and the cost was to cover them going to RERA. Well it doesn't need to be witnessed and why would a witness go to RERA in a dispute between tenant & LL?
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/la...fied-1.1134125