Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Next after this; Looking a child in the eyes may cause diabetes.

Next after this; Looking a child in the eyes may cause diabetes.

Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Next after this; Looking a child in the eyes may cause diabetes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ard-study.html
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next after this; Looking a child in the eyes may cause diabetes.

I bet you are glad you are leaving
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I bet you are glad you are leaving
Mental isn't it. Everywhere here you are hammered to recycle and reduce waste.

Then you find out that recycling means you not only get a nice bowl of cereal but it's sprinkle with toxins.

I'll stick with bacon sandwiches.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 10:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sross2203
Mental isn't it. Everywhere here you are hammered to recycle and reduce waste.

Then you find out that recycling means you not only get a nice bowl of cereal but it's sprinkle with toxins.

I'll stick with bacon sandwiches.
Uk drives me nuts with it's rules, remember the egg one? idiots
Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:01 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dr Koni Grob the Toxicologist. That's got to be made up, surely.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Dr Koni Grob the Toxicologist. That's got to be made up, surely.
The spokeswoman for the British Egg Society is Lucy Eggerton. That's not made up.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sross2203
The spokeswoman for the British Egg Society is Lucy Eggerton. That's not made up.
Egg Society? Really?
What do they do? Contemplate egg recipes? Best way a hen is getting laid?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alexa
Egg Society? Really?
What do they do? Contemplate egg recipes? Best way a hen is getting laid?
Brilliant.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I used to know a Mr Drinkwater who worked for Thames Water.

And my mother used to work for the organisation which promotes British cheese, sublimely called The Cheese Board.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Nio strictly in the same theme but I had a pair of biology teachers at my school called Mr Gay and Mr Bent. Needless to say their existence was miserable. Though not as miserable as the only real life Michael Hunt I've ever (perhaps knowingly) met, who took geography.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Nio strictly in the same theme but I had a pair of biology teachers at my school called Mr Gay and Mr Bent. Needless to say their existence was miserable. Though not as miserable as the only real life Michael Hunt I've ever (perhaps knowingly) met, who took geography.
We had a biology supply called Dr. Death...she insisted it was De'ath but when you are 12 it's the best thing ever.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:18 am
Hit 16's

I sat opposite a family on a train whose luggage tags revealed them to be the Cumberpatch family. I really hoped dad was called Quentin.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 11:41 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I sat opposite a family on a train whose luggage tags revealed them to be the Cumberpatch family. I really hoped dad was called Quentin.
brilliant name, wonder if it was them!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

tieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to alltieresias is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cypselos
...the only real life Michael Hunt I've ever (perhaps knowingly) met...
The only Michael Hunt I've ever met didn't call himself Michael or Mick or Micky...

Shortly after starting a new job, one new colleague, who didn't say his h's, introduced him to me: "We're the two Mikes - I'm Mike Brown and this is Mike 'unt".

I was a little taken aback!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

That's what happens when you don't take recycling seriously, and think of it as spin or a marketing gimmick.

Or any new development that's related to health and food actually.