Newly Opened Flyovers

Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newly Opened Flyovers

I wonder how many motorists want to drive to DIFC/DWTC from Garhoud Bridge? This morning I saw not one single car take the newly opened flyover. It merely serves the rich elite. A fraction of the money spent would have been much better served opening up an access route to/from Discovery Gardens in my view. As for the DWTC footbridge, the lifts aren't working yet. It presently means a bloody long walk from the free carpark to the arena.
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ne...area-1.1265519
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:40 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newly Opened Flyovers

I think it's a good move, what it's doing is taking away the cars from SZR Trade Center Underpass that want to head for Garhoud - if they remember to turn off before TC of course, should speed those journeys up.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
I wonder how many motorists want to drive to DIFC/DWTC from Garhoud Bridge? This morning I saw not one single car take the newly opened flyover. It merely serves the rich elite. A fraction of the money spent would have been much better served opening up an access route to/from Discovery Gardens in my view. As for the DWTC footbridge, the lifts aren't working yet. It presently means a bloody long walk from the free carpark to the arena.
Just as well our taxes didn't pay for it then, huh
Old Dec 11th 2013, 4:44 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

would have been much better served opening up an access route to/from Discovery Gardens in my view.
They've already started work on that, comes out onto the 311.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 5:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
I think it's a good move, what it's doing is taking away the cars from SZR Trade Center Underpass that want to head for Garhoud - if they remember to turn off before TC of course, should speed those journeys up.
Tell me more.

From SZR by Business Bay, this flyover will take me where?
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Tell me more.

From SZR by Business Bay, this flyover will take me where?
I'd have thought (not done it) that you take the right slip immediately after Emirates Towers go up to the lights, turn left and (going to Novatel) and that brings you onto the flyover.

I think, last time I was there prior to it being opened that's what i thought.

Alternatively turn left from Al Murooj Rotana (Double Deckers on your left) and that leads to the same place.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 6:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
I'd have thought (not done it) that you take the right slip immediately after Emirates Towers go up to the lights, turn left and (going to Novatel) and that brings you onto the flyover.

I think, last time I was there prior to it being opened that's what i thought.

Alternatively turn left from Al Murooj Rotana (Double Deckers on your left) and that leads to the same place.
The underpass straight from mine goes to that bit of road, will give it a go when I'm next heading that way.

Cheers
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

This would most likely have been a traffic study done to assess the requirements. You do realise they don't just build a road in the hope that someone may actually end up using it....

As for Disco Gardens..... who cares! That places has been a disaster for as long as I can remember. Anyone who willingly agrees to move in there deserves what is coming to them for not spending 10 seconds on the t'internet doing some research.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

If you are on SZR heading towards the Creek/Garhoud area, there is no point to the new flyover (stay on SZR in the far left lane) - the flyover is to save Business Bay/Dubai Mall/DIFC traffic from having to queue at WTC roundabout simply when they want to turn right towards Creek/Garhoud........

I drove back to Deira from DIFC about an hour ago and a few cars were using the flyover - when it is better known (and of course it doesn't look 'finished') it will be well used.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

ooh forgot to use this today. will also be handy to get from Jumeirah to Al Ain road - if you didn't want to go past Dubai Mall or Meydan.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your post pretty much summarises much of what's wrong with planning in Dubai.

Discovery Gardens? Oh, only lowly paid people live there. Why waste money on them? Let them suffer.

DIFC? Oh, all those highly paid bankers having to queue a few extra minutes at the traffic lights? Unacceptable!

Sure, traffic studies are done. But the priorities are decidedly not equal.

It's like the Marina tram. Spend money building a tram around the Marina, which will be barely used by its residents as opposed in Deira, where it would be heavily used.

But it's about impressions in Dubai, rarely the reality.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
This would most likely have been a traffic study done to assess the requirements. You do realise they don't just build a road in the hope that someone may actually end up using it....

As for Disco Gardens..... who cares! That places has been a disaster for as long as I can remember. Anyone who willingly agrees to move in there deserves what is coming to them for not spending 10 seconds on the t'internet doing some research.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

There was an alternate exit from Furjan villas and discovery gardens onto the Jebel Ali road, not very well marked, but very handy during rush traffic. It got closed yesterday. Coincidence?
Old Dec 14th 2013, 11:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I've used the new flyover. Does that mean I am one of the rich elite?
Old Dec 14th 2013, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I've used the new flyover. Does that mean I am one of the rich elite?
No - it means you are lost............
Old Dec 15th 2013, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Your post pretty much summarises much of what's wrong with planning in Dubai.
Calm down Big Man!

There are plenty of places where 'lowly paid people' as you call them can live. Although I'm not so sure the folk who live in Disco gardens would appreciate your description of them. Either way, the residents there don't have to choose to live in Disco gardens and if they do (due to the many many problems very publically known with the place) they are bringing it on themselves. Most of the ongoing problems in DG should be the responsibility of the developers not the Government.

As for the traffic study, it will have been done, however, if the Client chooses to spend his money building a bridge into DIFC for the 'rich bankers' or into Disco gardens is entirely his choice, not the folk who undertake the traffic study!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.