British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Newcastle United (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/newcastle-united-740880/)

mentalist Dec 4th 2011 8:22 am

Newcastle United

After dropping 8 points in their last 3 games, albeit against arguably the best 3 teams in the league, and with Steven Taylor out for possibly the rest of the season and with their long haired Argentinian defender also now injured, I cannot help agreeing with the view expressed by this Toon supporter on Yahoo today...Spugsy may have another opinion...

"...now we will see Newcastle's character and­ Pardew's ability. All these points gained were only­ ever for one thing - fighting against relegation. I­ will be satisfied with a top-half finish. Most of our­ forwards are Championship level, unfortunately."

Spugsy Dec 4th 2011 8:54 am

Re: Newcastle United

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 9769041)
After dropping 8 points in their last 3 games, albeit against arguably the best 3 teams in the league, and with Steven Taylor out for possibly the rest of the season and with their long haired Argentinian defender also now injured, I cannot help agreeing with the view expressed by this Toon supporter on Yahoo today...Spugsy may have another opinion...

"...now we will see Newcastle's character and­ Pardew's ability. All these points gained were only­ ever for one thing - fighting against relegation. I­ will be satisfied with a top-half finish. Most of our­ forwards are Championship level, unfortunately."

Ba has 9 goals, is that championship level?

Yeah it's going to be tough, and we don't have a big squad but we have quite a few points on the board and some hungry players, also Tiote, our most influential player has been out for a while and yeah we don't have any spare defenders so we'll have to pull together and see what sort of team we can now put out.

Don't forget January isn't far away so it's possible we may buy, certainly another striker.

Sandboy Dec 4th 2011 11:47 am

the premier league is gash man, they'll be fine

unfortunately

Kix Dec 4th 2011 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9769072)
Ba has 9 goals, is that championship level?

Yeah it's going to be tough, and we don't have a big squad but we have quite a few points on the board and some hungry players, also Tiote, our most influential player has been out for a while and yeah we don't have any spare defenders so we'll have to pull together and see what sort of team we can now put out.

Don't forget January isn't far away so it's possible we may buy, certainly another striker.

What he said ^^^^^^

Not only that, look at our next 4 games, Norwich away, then Swansea and West Brom at home followed by Bolton away before we have Liverpool away and Utd at home (both of which I'll be watching live in New York).

We should win the first 4 then a draw for the ast two wouldn't be a bad haul of 14 points from 18. That'll do me.

We should buy Alex from Chelsea - have you seen his free kicks - another centre half and a striker that can play with Ba.

We can still make top 5 or 6.

co durham boy Dec 5th 2011 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 9769860)
What he said ^^^^^^

Not only that, look at our next 4 games, Norwich away, then Swansea and West Brom at home followed by Bolton away before we have Liverpool away and Utd at home (both of which I'll be watching live in New York).

We should win the first 4 then a draw for the ast two wouldn't be a bad haul of 14 points from 18. That'll do me.

We should buy Alex from Chelsea - have you seen his free kicks - another centre half and a striker that can play with Ba.

Why don't you buy Messi and Ronaldo get back Keegan then invade Iran , total world domination for the Geordie Nation ?

Sandboy Dec 5th 2011 4:44 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9770252)
Why don't you buy Messi and Ronaldo get back Keegan then invade Iran , total world domination for the Geordie Nation ?

was a bit of a throwback to 1996 wasn't it ? :lol:

Spugsy Dec 5th 2011 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 9769860)
What he said ^^^^^^

Blimey, I'd love to agree but...