Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:02 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by huntlygirl
Hi Roadking. What I want and what may be affordable may be 2 different things (given i know nothing about how expensive things are over there). We will be given a housing allowance from my husbands company of 100,000 AED pa. I really dont know what we can afford for this, any advice would be appreciated. The only real need is 2 bedrooms. the following are "would likes" if budget allows... Family area, close to shops, cafes, close to the beach would be nice, not too busy (traffic wise). I have read that there arent really "bad" areas in Dubai (maybe rose tinted specs on tho). I'd want to feel safe walking about the area with a baby.

God reading this back it sounds a bit demanding. Realistically we only need 2 bedrooms. Do you think the bidget would allow any of this?
Check out http://dubai.dubizzle.com and search away. I'm sure you will have a good choice for 100'000 AED. Marina Walk sounds like it fits your wants and needs. Good luck.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Check out http://dubai.dubizzle.com and search away. I'm sure you will have a good choice for 100'000 AED. Marina Walk sounds like it fits your wants and needs. Good luck.
also remember that utilities bills are 5-10x higher for a house over a flat. worth considering.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 11:49 am
Just Joined

huntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
also remember that utilities bills are 5-10x higher for a house over a flat. worth considering.
Thanks for the info people, will check out that website.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby and I have been here for a year and a half in Al Ain. We are from Foggie!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 12:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info people, will check out that website.
there is an area called the Greens, which I think would be pretty good for you, stay clear of the Marina, construction is a pain and access isn't good. In the Greens there is a new building (apartments) which looks really nice, do a search on Dubizzle. It is walking distance to supermarket, has play areas etc.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

huntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nicehuntlygirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
My hubby and I have been here for a year and a half in Al Ain. We are from Foggie!
aaaaah foggie, its just down the road from Huntly. How do you find the change of scenery from dreich NE Scotland to dubai?! I'm thinking its going to be a major culture shock?!

Blue Cat - I will check out the Greens, so far Arabian Ranches is winning on the home search front. My husband is going to be working in the Jebel Ali region so it seems quite commutable?

Thanks for everyones help, its much appreciated.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sent you a private message
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Sent you a private message
Nope, didn't get it...
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

oops that was meant for huntly girl! silly me! sorry she comes from 11 miles away from me back home. yes another scottish girl!!!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:18 pm
If I have to explain...

oops that was meant for huntly girl! silly me! sorry she comes from 11 miles away from me back home. yes another scottish girl!!!
OK, I see, dropping me for the noobie. Fine, I can take it! Just don't come crying to me when it all gets sick 'n twisted.

.....But send some pics please.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

ok sorry dear! how are you? long time no speak i suppose. no pics sorry off home to scotland for 10 days for eid so can post you some nice pics of the lovely snowy scottish scenery if you like!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:23 pm
If I have to explain...

ok sorry dear! how are you? long time no speak i suppose. no pics sorry off home to scotland for 10 days for eid so can post you some nice pics of the lovely snowy scottish scenery if you like!
Nah, going back for Christmas so will get all the coldness I need then. Have fun, though.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

sent you pm now!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

aaaaah foggie, its just down the road from Huntly. How do you find the change of scenery from dreich NE Scotland to dubai?! I'm thinking its going to be a major culture shock?!

Blue Cat - I will check out the Greens, so far Arabian Ranches is winning on the home search front. My husband is going to be working in the Jebel Ali region so it seems quite commutable?

Thanks for everyones help, its much appreciated.
Greens is a good idea, nice and cheap, or maybe the springs. Loads of mums with prams in that area.

The problem with the Ranches is that you are literally stuck in the middle of nowhere. There are shops onsite that sells most things but you do need to get out too.

Ranches to Jebel Ali is an easy enough commute.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Greens is a good idea, nice and cheap, or maybe the springs. Loads of mums with prams in that area.

The problem with the Ranches is that you are literally stuck in the middle of nowhere. There are shops onsite that sells most things but you do need to get out too.

Ranches to Jebel Ali is an easy enough commute.
Mosela Building, new one in the Greens looks well nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.