Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hi all - arrived in Abu Dhabi a week ago (er, timed it perfectly for the summer). Work in the oil sector (commercial, rather than technical). Will be commuting all round the GCC region on a weekly basis but based in AD.

Enjoying the forum already.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by csdf
Hi all - arrived in Abu Dhabi a week ago (er, timed it perfectly for the summer). Work in the oil sector (commercial, rather than technical). Will be commuting all round the GCC region on a weekly basis but based in AD.

Enjoying the forum already.
Welcome! You'll enjoy the summer--makes the beer taste even colder.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 2:50 am
Just Joined

dannyjoe is an unknown quantity at this point

hello people,
please can any one help..........i have been in bahrain for 1month now..... and honestly am not having fun and work is killing me.........please help because i dont want to get all messed up its going to be 2yrs here in bharain fior me.........
Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:15 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi am new here to this site and at the risk of being slated by one of you guys am looking to post a thread regarding meeting female friends over 40 preferably out in Dubai and unattached. Before am accused that this is not a dating site would like to emphasise that I am female and just seeking some decent, genuine friends (hopefully they still exist)
Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:35 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dannyjoe
hello people,
please can any one help..........i have been in bahrain for 1month now..... and honestly am not having fun and work is killing me.........please help because i dont want to get all messed up its going to be 2yrs here in bharain fior me.........
It's difficult to meet new friends when you first come to the M.E. Join a sports group, go to local bars, ask in BE forum where to go for a night out. I presume there is a TimeOut magazine for Bahrain to see what's up? Go to a quiz night...it is a good way to meet new friends.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
It's difficult to meet new friends when you first come to the M.E. Join a sports group, go to local bars, ask in BE forum where to go for a night out. I presume there is a TimeOut magazine for Bahrain to see what's up? Go to a quiz night...it is a good way to meet new friends.
I don't think many women will go to bars on their own, well unless they are professional ladies and are you losing it shes in Dubai.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yummybrummy
Hi am new here to this site and at the risk of being slated by one of you guys am looking to post a thread regarding meeting female friends over 40 preferably out in Dubai and unattached. Before am accused that this is not a dating site would like to emphasise that I am female and just seeking some decent, genuine friends (hopefully they still exist)
welcome to the bored, some of the ladies on here used to go to a quiz nite in dubai, not sure if they still go though.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:52 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
I don't think many women will go to bars on their own, well unless they are professional ladies and are you losing it shes in Dubai.
Oops...I assumed dannyjoe was a guy.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
welcome to the bored, some of the ladies on here used to go to a quiz nite in dubai, not sure if they still go though.
Thanks Grace, any help is appreciated before I crack up or go quietly insane
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Grace, any help is appreciated before I crack up or go quietly insane
MH and MM go to the quiz night at the Rydges Hotel on a monday night I am sure they could do with some help :-)
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
MH and MM go to the quiz night at the Rydges Hotel on a monday night I am sure they could do with some help :-)
Thanks whoever they might be Sounds good but hope they won't be relying on me for the answers
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks whoever they might be Sounds good but hope they won't be relying on me for the answers
MataHari and Madame Medusa. I am sure they will be on sometime today and will respond. I am seing MM tonight I will mention it.
How can you be new to the site when you joined 10 months ago???
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
MataHari and Madame Medusa. I am sure they will be on sometime today and will respond. I am seing MM tonight I will mention it.
How can you be new to the site when you joined 10 months ago???
Ah was waiting for someone to pick me up on that one............ I joined when I moved to Egypt but never used the site and tbh had forgotten I was registered on here.

Thanks for the intro though
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Yummybrummy,

I'm single - early 30's and am in Dubai, if you fancy a coffee ( am off booze at the mo) then drop me a pm. If you start slowly going mad and just need to get out then I know exactly how you feel so fell free to scream at me any time.

Kittycat
xxx
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Luxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really nice

Hello, all,

To be brief: I'm in the US, considering a position in Al Ain, have experience managing university media relations and special events in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and I'm finding all of the information here to be extremely valuable! My husband and I have a grown daughter, a son-in-law, one grand-daughter (3) and a grandson (almost 2). My husband is a scratch golfer; my interests are beadwork, researching ancient Egyptian Wisdom Literature, and working on a manuscript of my father's WWII experiences in the Pacific Theater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.