Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

mart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nice
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi Martyn,

I'm back out somewhere around the 3rd 4th August for a couple of days- normally the Monday - Thursday, last trip before I move out! Kind of freaking out now!

Anyway if you fancy a beer and know somewhere to go drop me a mail- I normally finish work by 6ish and work close to the Lamcy Plaza. Or anyone else for that matter- I aint fussy ( no offence Martyn)

Kittycat
xxx
Ok for that meet and beer. Compliacted starting arrangements. Originally 19th, last week told 1st 2 weeks would be dubai, now told 2-3 week delay and dont know if starting in dubai or qatar! Anyway will let you know, cheers
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:09 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Martyn,

I'm back out somewhere around the 3rd 4th August for a couple of days- normally the Monday - Thursday, last trip before I move out! Kind of freaking out now!

Anyway if you fancy a beer and know somewhere to go drop me a mail- I normally finish work by 6ish and work close to the Lamcy Plaza. Or anyone else for that matter- I aint fussy ( no offence Martyn)

Kittycat
xxx
If you are nr Lamcy then the closest place for a proper drink will be the Movenpick Hotel, although you are also close to the Wafi complex (numerous bars, restaurants & Raffles Hotel). My office is in Oud Metha - not that I am ever there.

Are you expecting free drinks all night?!

-
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
If you are nr Lamcy then the closest place for a proper drink will be the Movenpick Hotel, although you are also close to the Wafi complex (numerous bars, restaurants & Raffles Hotel). My office is in Oud Metha - not that I am ever there.

-
oh..talk about Raffles...what a complete dump is that...
went there for the first time a few weeks ago and was completely disappointed...never ever again
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh..talk about Raffles...what a complete dump is that...
went there for the first time a few weeks ago and was completely disappointed...never ever again
told you...why oh why don't you ever listen to me...

MM, xx
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
told you...why oh why don't you ever listen to me...

MM, xx
I know I know...I guess I wanted the hands on experience myself as well...
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I know I know...I guess I wanted the hands on experience myself as well...
oh i know, but what a waste of an evening...!!

MM, xx
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:48 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh i know, but what a waste of an evening...!!

MM, xx
oh completely...we ended up at a bar downstairs, they didn't have the beer the guys wanted, the wine they gave was the amount they give you when they let you taste...we were waiting for them to fill up but that was it, no more...the staff was totally not attentive at all, the decor was completely random, made Atlantis look kinda nice...
oh, and full of hookers, the not so goodlooking kind, with old guys...
all in all a very bad experience...
The club upstairs was nearly empty, but they still said we had to pay 2000 dhs to be able to sit down...and downstairs there was a couple taking pics of each other and she literally got her tits out for it, he was zooming in on them, and security never said anything...all the guys in our group were cheering and clapping, lol...
but otherwise it was great...
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh completely...we ended up at a bar downstairs, they didn't have the beer the guys wanted, the wine they gave was the amount they give you when they let you taste...we were waiting for them to fill up but that was it, no more...the staff was totally not attentive at all, the decor was completely random, made Atlantis look kinda nice...
oh, and full of hookers, the not so goodlooking kind, with old guys...
all in all a very bad experience...
The club upstairs was nearly empty, but they still said we had to pay 2000 dhs to be able to sit down...and downstairs there was a couple taking pics of each other and she literally got her tits out for it, he was zooming in on them, and security never said anything...all the guys in our group were cheering and clapping, lol...
but otherwise it was great...
hahaha, could have been worse...you could have gone for dinner at fire and ice...

MM, xx
Old Jul 16th 2009, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Meow- why you offering??

Tightarse I am not (although my bank manager has tried to sway me)!- I'm not a high maintenance lass and am quiet happy to get a round in!

xxx
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

mart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nice

Meow- why you offering??

Tightarse I am not (although my bank manager has tried to sway me)!- I'm not a high maintenance lass and am quiet happy to get a round in!

xxx
As long as they serve Guiness - just spent 18m in Dublin!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as they serve Guiness - just spent 18m in Dublin!
I love Dublin- had a few jobs out there last year- the guiness there is falling down water mind! 1 pint and I was jibbering shit for hours!
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

I love Dublin- had a few jobs out there last year- the guiness there is falling down water mind! 1 pint and I was jibbering shit for hours!
I was working out towards Malahide but stayed in Dublin weekly commute from Liverpool (Ryanair know me v well!!), know a lot of pubs there. As my contract delayed in Qatar for 2-3 weeks I am doing 3 days back in Dublin next week. Hence on pc now booking flights accom etc
Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

it seems we have some newbies who haven't introduced themselves to the crowd, roll up
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Monsoonhunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

as I am about to leave for Dubai very soon (contract signed), I was reading already quite a few threads of this forum, especially regarding the salary packages, where to live and the latest developments for housing costs (which of course is at the moment quite positive for new-arrivals).

Just some backgroudn to those who are interested about me... Am German, environmental engineer, 36, single, and did live already some time abroad. Only last April, I returned to Germany after 3 years working in a development aid project on Negros Island, Philippines... Before, I was working a fews years in Germany, but was sent by my employer for about one year to Singapore...

While I was looking for jobs both in Germany and abroad the last few months, I received a very interesting offer from Dubai...

However, do feel that Dubai will be a different, new experience.... Am quite excited and curious and waiting for the legalisation of my university diploma by the UAE embassy in Berlin so my visa can be processed...

Will post some new threads in other sections within the next days... In case you have some questions about me, just let me know...

Greetings from Germany
Monsoonhunter
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:24 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Wilkommen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.