Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:38 am
  #751  
Go on.. Pull my finger..
 
TGFKASE's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 5,726
TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
My husband and i came here from Foggieloan!!! Used to be Huntly but been in Foggie for the past 16years.
Aye, aye... Used tae play at the New Inn in Foggie every Ne'ers Day nicht, having done Hogmanay at the Bognie Arms at Forgue....
TGFKASE is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:49 am
  #752  
Forum Regular
 
aberdeensiregirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 214
aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Aye, aye... Used tae play at the New Inn in Foggie every Ne'ers Day nicht, having done Hogmanay at the Bognie Arms at Forgue....
Bognie closed now and New Inn under new ownership. We usually went to commercial which is also under new ownership and serving super meals. What did you play?
aberdeensiregirl is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:17 am
  #753  
Forum Regular
 
sassypilotswife's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Al Hamra Village / RAK
Posts: 241
sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Taz Mirza
Can you actually find a Cortina to buy in this day and age? I prefer a the Ford Zephyr myself.

Karmas where you go for the handbags right? Some guy called Bernard told me this in the queue at Spinney's the other night.
You mean you actually had to stand in queue at Spinney's ? Well hell, nevermind then. I hear Paris is in town, perhaps you can be her new BFF
sassypilotswife is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2009, 7:39 am
  #754  
Forum Regular
 
sassypilotswife's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Al Hamra Village / RAK
Posts: 241
sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
Bognie closed now and New Inn under new ownership. We usually went to commercial which is also under new ownership and serving super meals. What did you play?
Hello Aberdeen.. Welcome to Al Ain and this forum. Yes there is a Living in Al Ain thread where you can gather useful information. I too live in the same part of Zakhar and would be more than happy to pick you up and take you to lunch sometime or we can skip the formalities and go straight into shopping What kind of work is hubby doing here ? Feel free to PM me
sassypilotswife is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2009, 4:56 pm
  #755  
Forum Regular
 
aberdeensiregirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 214
aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Hello Aberdeen.. Welcome to Al Ain and this forum. Yes there is a Living in Al Ain thread where you can gather useful information. I too live in the same part of Zakhar and would be more than happy to pick you up and take you to lunch sometime or we can skip the formalities and go straight into shopping What kind of work is hubby doing here ? Feel free to PM me
Thank you for that really kind offer. i have sent you a PM. Hubby working for scottish company just set up here
aberdeensiregirl is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:25 pm
  #756  
Go on.. Pull my finger..
 
TGFKASE's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 5,726
TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
Bognie closed now and New Inn under new ownership. We usually went to commercial which is also under new ownership and serving super meals. What did you play?
2 turntables.....
TGFKASE is offline  
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:42 pm
  #757  
Forum Regular
 
aberdeensiregirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 214
aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
2 turntables.....
okay smart alex - would you know syd halkett and his dj's or willie bremner at all.
aberdeensiregirl is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:45 pm
  #758  
Go on.. Pull my finger..
 
TGFKASE's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Dubai
Posts: 5,726
TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
okay smart alex - would you know syd halkett and his dj's or willie bremner at all.
Ken the name halkett but nivver met him, I worked for a co. in the toon...... Any gig outside a 10 mile radius o' Aiberdeen, they gave tae me, since I was the only teuchter and therefore the only lad that kint far a' these strange-named placies were.....
TGFKASE is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:50 pm
  #759  
Forum Regular
 
aberdeensiregirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 214
aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ken the name halkett but nivver met him, I worked for a co. in the toon...... Any gig outside a 10 mile radius o' Aiberdeen, they gave tae me, since I was the only teuchter and therefore the only lad that kint far a' these strange-named placies were.....
try this link foggieloan.co.uk
aberdeensiregirl is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:52 pm
  #760  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
AVillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Bob
Just thought it would be nice for newbies to go introduce yourselves to folks here before diving in and asking questions, especially if you've not taken the time to check out the wiki or had a quick search for those common questions, spending a bit of time doing that goes a long way into getting help from folks without the shirty comments, it's the least you can do if you expect people to answer everything for you

So where are you from?
Got any kids?
Hobbies?
Whatever else

Oh and don't forget, different time zones and the weekend isn't Sat/Sun, so don't get shirty if you don't get a reply straight away
Hi all,

Have been a viewer for the past coupple of weeks so as I have nothing better to do at work this afternoon thought I should join and say hello.

Have been in Dubai since 18th April this year, so I am very wet between the ears but am really enjoying the lifestyle so far, didn't know what to expect so came with an open mind...the only thing that annoys me so far is the taxi drivers, but my visa is due any day so going to get my driving licence asap after that!

Come from Gloucestershire originally and this is my first time working abroad so all a big adventure at the moment.

Will try not to ask any stupid questions that have been posted a million times, but no promises of course.
AVillain is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:55 pm
  #761  
If I have to explain...
 
Roadking's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Where ever the road takes me
Posts: 3,999
Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by AVillain
Hi all,

Have been a viewer for the past coupple of weeks so as I have nothing better to do at work this afternoon thought I should join and say hello.

Have been in Dubai since 18th April this year, so I am very wet between the ears but am really enjoying the lifestyle so far, didn't know what to expect so came with an open mind...the only thing that annoys me so far is the taxi drivers, but my visa is due any day so going to get my driving licence asap after that!

Come from Gloucestershire originally and this is my first time working abroad so all a big adventure at the moment.

Will try not to ask any stupid questions that have been posted a million times, but no promises of course.
Hi AV, welcome to the bored.

Please feel free to ask stupid questions that have been asked a thousand times before, it gives us someone to pick on. Then again, as you're from Gloucestersestersestershire, we don't need any other reason.
Roadking is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:59 pm
  #762  
Forum Regular
 
954RR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Dubai, The Greens
Posts: 157
954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by AVillain
Come from Gloucestershire originally and this is my first time working abroad so all a big adventure at the moment.
.
Welcome to Dubai AVillain. The paperwork is a drag which I am nearly through so stick with it.
Good to see another English person on here as I was starting to think it was a Scottish site !
954RR is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:02 pm
  #763  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
AVillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hi AV, welcome to the bored.

Please feel free to ask stupid questions that have been asked a thousand times before, it gives us someone to pick on. Then again, as you're from Gloucestersestersestershire, we don't need any other reason.
Well I was going to say that I am a ladies man, good looking, great fun, BMW (M3 I recall) and all that drizzle, but felt you had sufficient ammo to pick on me being from God's County!

Cheers - look forward to spending a day being roasted
AVillain is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:05 pm
  #764  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
AVillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by 954RR
Welcome to Dubai AVillain. The paperwork is a drag which I am nearly through so stick with it.
Good to see another English person on here as I was starting to think it was a Scottish site !
I hadn't noticed that, the Scots get everywhere don't they, I have never met a Scot that doesn't have a great sense of humour before though, so should be good for a laugh!

Paperwork is a bit of a nightmare, and how many photo's have I had to provide! Alcohol licence is next on the list
AVillain is offline  
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:09 pm
  #765  
hmmmm...nice
 
MataHari's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 27,923
MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by AVillain
I hadn't noticed that, the Scots get everywhere don't they, I have never met a Scot that doesn't have a great sense of humour before though, so should be good for a laugh!
oh please stick around...there's a few on here that don't...
MataHari is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.