Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old May 13th 2009, 12:40 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
Hi.

I'm Sarah. Turn 30 a week today. Still in Bristol in the UK at present but have a job offer on the table for Al Rahba hosp in AD. So hopefully moving out July ish.

No Kids. Leaving bloke here.

Hobbies wise, trying to lose weight so not quite a gym bunny but enjoy aquafit and spinning. Reading.

Have some knowledge that may be helpful in pub quizzes but not that great.
Loosing weight in UAE, good luck This is a mini Texas city here FYI.

But welcome to the BE ME.

Originally Posted by Shildonite
Hi

I'm also another newbie to the forum. Currently living in London but expect to be in Jeddah end of the month.

Haven't worked in the ME for about 5 years. Recently finished a project in Lagos Nigeria. Already finding the forum a mine of information.

Catch up with you all later.
Welcome to the BE ME
Old May 13th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hav heard that takeaways rule but gonna try and keep going. I don't really want to be hugely ovrweight in the heat! Thanks for the heads up though.
Old May 13th 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
I hav heard that takeaways rule but gonna try and keep going. I don't really want to be hugely ovrweight in the heat! Thanks for the heads up though.
I swear it happens by osmosis or something, you come here and get fat. Its okay though cos there are loads of kaftan type outfits around.
Old May 13th 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Littlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really nice

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I swear it happens by osmosis or something, you come here and get fat. Its okay though cos there are loads of kaftan type outfits around.
Ohhh nooooooooooooooo!! I can't believe this....I thought i was going to lose tons of weight with the heat etc!! I have been stuffing my face here in the UK with whatever I fancy cos I thought "once I get to the UAE..I won't fancy eating much"......
Old May 13th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Littlemisscaro
Ohhh nooooooooooooooo!! I can't believe this....I thought i was going to lose tons of weight with the heat etc!! I have been stuffing my face here in the UK with whatever I fancy cos I thought "once I get to the UAE..I won't fancy eating much"......
mwhahahahha welcome to your slimming world nightmare then!
Old May 13th 2009, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
mwhahahahha welcome to your slimming world nightmare then!
nah, she'll be working 24/7, so will have no time to eat, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 13th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Littlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really niceLittlemisscaro is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
nah, she'll be working 24/7, so will have no time to eat, lol...

MM, xx
Hahaha My thoughts exactly!! Same applies to money... was telling my OH that I'll be minted thanks to my job.. I won't have the time to spend it anywhere!!!
Old May 19th 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Ah right...

Introduce yourself THEN start posting on the forums

I think I may have gotten it a bit erse for elbow.

Anyway, old Kevin is still in the UK but has just received an offer of employment in Doha and all being well should be there in 2-3 weeks. I don't know anybody who works in the ME at all let alone Qatar and I will be on my ownio, but judging by the majority of the posts I've read on BE forum it's going to be errm interesting.

This forum is brilliant, informative and funny, and I'm sure if you want to know any more you'll ask me, or alternatively make up your own mind first and then tell me...

All the best!!
Old May 19th 2009, 4:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Kevin
Ah right...

Anyway, old Kevin is still in the UK but has just received an offer of employment in Doha and all being well should be there in 2-3 weeks. I don't know anybody who works in the ME at all let alone Qatar and I will be on my ownio, but judging by the majority of the posts I've read on BE forum it's going to be errm interesting.

This forum is brilliant, informative and funny, and I'm sure if you want to know any more you'll ask me, or alternatively make up your own mind first and then tell me...

All the best!!
welcome...how big are you then...
Old May 19th 2009, 4:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Oh God ...!!!
Old May 19th 2009, 4:49 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh God ...!!!
no worries....he's miles away in Doha...
Old May 19th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
Nearest approximation would be XL I guess. Ok not that big, but perfectly formed, sturdy and exceptionally reliable. Imho of course
Old May 20th 2009, 3:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right...

All the best!!
Big Kev you should meet up with Little Jimmy he is in Qatar too, loves the place .....

Old May 20th 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Big Kev you should meet up with Little Jimmy he is in Qatar too, loves the place .....

Little and Large?
Old May 20th 2009, 11:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Little and Large?
actually Little Jimmy is huge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.