Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:51 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Eva
Don't be so harsh..........you let Willmore live another day.
I don't know that person .....They are persona non grata
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:01 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I don't know that person .....They are persona non grata

They???
Oh please tell me .........the hockey stick ain't mutated.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

20 something single aussie male. Been here over a year now, read this forum from time to time, just decided to register. Acutally now contemplating resignation and going home.

Since noone is really introducing themselves here I now feel out of place.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:49 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
20 something single aussie male. Been here over a year now, read this forum from time to time, just decided to register. Acutally now contemplating resignation and going home.

Not a 20 something male, non aussie been here for 6 years.

Does that make you feel better?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi AnotherWorld - am Australian too, but am a 40 something married female. I've met a few young Aussie guys since being here though and they seem to be having a great time - where abouts in Australia are you from?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

hi I am Blue Cat
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hi AnotherWorld - am Australian too, but am a 40 something married female. I've met a few young Aussie guys since being here though and they seem to be having a great time - where abouts in Australia are you from?
Perth. I don't know many like me in Abu Dhabi actually though I don't have "huge" friend circles.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
hi I am Blue Cat
Awesome
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Perth. I don't know many like me in Abu Dhabi actually though I don't have "huge" friend circles.
We're originally from Perth, spent ten years in Brisbane, that's where all the kids were born. Went back to Perth in January for eight months and then Dubai in August. We were living in Como and kids went to school and husband worked in South Perth so didn't leave that area much. I did go to a couple of my old haunts in East Perth to show my kids and found them replaced with the new East Perth, I was actually quite impressed.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're originally from Perth, spent ten years in Brisbane, that's where all the kids were born. Went back to Perth in January for eight months and then Dubai in August. We were living in Como and kids went to school and husband worked in South Perth so didn't leave that area much. I did go to a couple of my old haunts in East Perth to show my kids and found them replaced with the new East Perth, I was actually quite impressed.
Ah I'm NOR. Different breed altogether. I haven't been home in 14 months. bout time I go.

East Perth is crazy overpriced place to live hey. I really don't see the big attraction of the place, its pretty vanilla but at least it's not what it used to be and is quite pleasant if you are working there too.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah I'm NOR. Different breed altogether. I haven't been home in 14 months. bout time I go.

East Perth is crazy overpriced place to live hey. I really don't see the big attraction of the place, its pretty vanilla but at least it's not what it used to be and is quite pleasant if you are working there too.
Never got the NOR, SOR thing - they do it in Brisbane too - there are nice places to live both directions.

East Perth is overpriced, but it reminds me of my youth, dinner parties and photography nights in the old cemetery and abandoned warehouses. I found it a nice relaxing place to walk around with the kids - I think they've done a good job with the walkways and housing (not quite the grungy home of artists and hobos like it was in the 80's). I found Perth a little bit hard to handle after being away from there for so long to be honest. The kids loved it though, they ask to move back there on a weekly basis.

Book that ticket now and go see your family.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Never got the NOR, SOR thing - they do it in Brisbane too - there are nice places to live both directions.

East Perth is overpriced, but it reminds me of my youth, dinner parties and photography nights in the old cemetery and abandoned warehouses. I found it a nice relaxing place to walk around with the kids - I think they've done a good job with the walkways and housing (not quite the grungy home of artists and hobos like it was in the 80's). I found Perth a little bit hard to handle after being away from there for so long to be honest. The kids loved it though, they ask to move back there on a weekly basis.

Book that ticket now and go see your family.

Hard to handle in what way?

I actually left because I was bored and wanted something different. Now that I have been here for the last year I realise how much better Perth was and will never take it for granted ever again. Never had that feeling before after only being on holiday somewhere else for a couple of months. So I'm not surprised your kids keep asking about going back.

I'm actually planning on a trip home but only if I don't resign in April.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hard to handle in what way?

I actually left because I was bored and wanted something different. Now that I have been here for the last year I realise how much better Perth was and will never take it for granted ever again. Never had that feeling before after only being on holiday somewhere else for a couple of months. So I'm not surprised your kids keep asking about going back.

I'm actually planning on a trip home but only if I don't resign in April.
It was hard to go back to such a small isolated place after living on the east coast for so long, especially in terms of my girls' ballet opportunities. We stayed with friends in Maida Vale for the first couple of months until our house was ready in Como and I found the foothills were worse than I'd remembered them. The winter was so cold and wet that it almost killed me - can't handle cold any more.

But the kids had a ball, beautiful old Catholic school overlooking the swan river, one block from the perth zoo - fantastic community spirit - having cousins around - we'll take them back in the summer to see everyone. I like going back for holidays but I'm a cain toad these days, Queensland is home for me now I think.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I like going back for holidays but I'm a cain toad these days, Queensland is home for me now I think.
My uncle moved his family to the sunshine coast because he liked the humidity. Crazy man.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My uncle moved his family to the sunshine coast because he liked the humidity. Crazy man.
I must be crazy - I like it too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.