Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by beccajoh
Just saying hello! My husband and I might be relocating to KSA in the coming months. He works in tv and I'm a full time mum to our 15 month old daughter. Also got another baby under construction, boy due in January. Smaller age gap than we were planning for, but these things happen I guess!

Finding lots of useful info on this site. When we first heard about the job there was no way in hell i was going to agree to move to KSA, but I think compound life might suit me quite nicely! I could afford to hire a cleaner for a start I'm sure it won't be easy but I've read lots, good and bad, so hopefully going in with our eyes open.
Where abouts in KSA? Are you planning on your boy being born out here?
Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:15 am
Just Joined

Abudhabibrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! New on the site, are there any motocross or enduro riders around in Abu Dhabi? Im talking 6 to 12 hours, 200-400km in the desert if anyones interested.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 3:38 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Abudhabibrit
Hi! New on the site, are there any motocross or enduro riders around in Abu Dhabi? Im talking 6 to 12 hours, 200-400km in the desert if anyones interested.
Welcome.

have a chat with Chris at Icon in Dubai, I'm not sayinghe'll be the one for you but he has done the Desert Challenge on a bike/truck/car so he'll know who to speak to.

Icon
Old Oct 26th 2013, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Bella1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I've been looking through this forum and thought I should say hello before plunging in to the other threads! I'm Sarah (26) and my boyfriend is James (28) and currently n the UK. James has just accepted a job in Saudi (Jubail II) for Sadara, which we expect will start in Jan/Feb 2014. We will be getting married before he starts work, and so we will both hopefully be living out there next year!

My main queries at the moment revolve around how my visa will happen, as a spouse, and the fact that I really want to find work there (I can't just be a stay at home wife!).

Looking forward to meeting you all through the threads soon! :-)

Sarah
Old Oct 29th 2013, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

DiamondsInTheSky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, my name's Denise, I'm 21 and in a few weeks I'll be moving to Dubai to work for an airline. Very excited! Looking forward to speaking to fellow expats on here.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiamondsInTheSky
Hello everyone, my name's Denise, I'm 21 and in a few weeks I'll be moving to Dubai to work for an airline. Very excited! Looking forward to speaking to fellow expats on here.
Denise? You should be called Lucy! I wish you well. This bored can be cynical sometimes, but don't give up on us. We sometimes help too!
Old Oct 30th 2013, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

OperAL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm Chris and I've just accepted an offer to work for Al Hoty (contracted to ARAMCO) as an Operator Trainer starting sometime mid Jan in Ras Tanura, Saudi. Anybody who's been there and done it already and can give me any pointers for my arrival I'll buy a beer for (in Bahrain obvs! ).

Look forward to chatting with some of you guys...
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Rigsy51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I'm Neil. I,m currently mulling over a job offer from sadara. I thought I'd introduce myself just in case I do actually accept it.
I'm 51 married, wife won't be coming I don't think, and have never worked abroad in my life. I've spent 26years working for one pharmaceutical company and decided I needed a new challenge.
Oh it's in jubail by the way. Not heard much good about the place so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 5:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rigsy51
Hi all,
I'm Neil. I,m currently mulling over a job offer from sadara. I thought I'd introduce myself just in case I do actually accept it.
I'm 51 married, wife won't be coming I don't think, and have never worked abroad in my life. I've spent 26years working for one pharmaceutical company and decided I needed a new challenge.
Oh it's in jubail by the way. Not heard much good about the place so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
welcome to BE, never been to Saudi but my husband used to live in Jubail, he said it wasn't so bad.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:02 am
Just Joined

1970steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Looking to obtain KSA visa in the next 2 weeks, working for Sadara. Hopefully get out there by mid-April - looking forward to the challenge.

Anybody else from the Teesside area taking the plunge?

BTW, my name is Steve and no surprises I was born in 1970!
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:22 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1970steve
Hi. Looking to obtain KSA visa in the next 2 weeks, working for Sadara. Hopefully get out there by mid-April - looking forward to the challenge.

Anybody else from the Teesside area taking the plunge?

BTW, my name is Steve and no surprises I was born in 1970!
Ahreet marra!

You'll find that there are a lot of north Easterners in the whole of the ME, so you won't be alone.

Welcome.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
Ahreet marra!

You'll find that there are a lot of north Easterners in the whole of the ME, so you won't be alone.

Welcome.
A lot? It's like being in an episode of auf wiedersehen pet at times.

There's ****ing loads of you. You, the Scots and the Irish.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:44 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
There's ****ing loads of you. You, the Scots and the Irish.
That's because we like to put ourselves about a bit. Unlike the soft southern shandy drinkers who like to stay in UK and write letters to the Daily Wail about how the country has gone to the dogs
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
That's because we like to put ourselves about a bit. Unlike the soft southern shandy drinkers who like to stay in UK and write letters to the Daily Wail about how the country has gone to the dogs
More likely that it's so grim up North that you have to escape.
Old Dec 30th 2013, 10:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
That's because we have to put ourselves about a bit because we don't mine anymore. Unlike the clever southern folk who can stay in UK because they prop up the country from London and the South East and sometimes write letters to the Daily Wail about how the country has gone to the dogs
Edited slightly for you....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.