Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:17 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hey, who needs anyone else, we've discovered the dreamteam, it was just that inselaffen making us feel inadequate...

MM, xx
true...womens lib...
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

kered is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm 27 years old and from Scotland, i've just been offered a job in Dubai and i'm still considering whether tho accept or not ... joined the forum to get some advice as i've heard mixed reports about dubai, been there twice on holiday but i know that's not the same as living there...any help or direction would be appreciated
Old Oct 12th 2008, 12:28 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kered
i'm 27 years old and from Scotland, i've just been offered a job in Dubai and i'm still considering whether tho accept or not ... joined the forum to get some advice as i've heard mixed reports about dubai, been there twice on holiday but i know that's not the same as living there...any help or direction would be appreciated
It's good mate, are you single or married? whats the job? decent money?

there's lots to do but it can be a bit of a mad place, most people work hard through the week then go and do cool things on the weekend, whether its chilling at the beach or going crackers on the beer on the brunches, there's a fair bit to do,

I've been here 7 months now and love it, can't see myself leaving for a few years at least,

saying that I'm going home for teh 3rd time in a year at Christmas, I do miss my mates and family, but 7 hours direct to the toon is pretty handy.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spugsy
It's good mate, are you single or married? whats the job? decent money?

there's lots to do but it can be a bit of a mad place, most people work hard through the week then go and do cool things on the weekend, whether its chilling at the beach or going crackers on the beer on the brunches, there's a fair bit to do,

I've been here 7 months now and love it, can't see myself leaving for a few years at least,

saying that I'm going home for teh 3rd time in a year at Christmas, I do miss my mates and family, but 7 hours direct to the toon is pretty handy.
thanks! am single, job is sales manager at one of the sheraton's, canny mind exact figure but about 6500 dhs + travel allowance. looking forward to it, just dead nervous!!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

thanks! am single, job is sales manager at one of the sheraton's, canny mind exact figure but about 6500 dhs + travel allowance. looking forward to it, just dead nervous!!
If they're giving you the right-wing-suite at the hotel to live in then that's good...
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Confucius
If they're giving you the right-wing-suite at the hotel to live in then that's good...
uhm ..yeah i'll check that out with them!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

uhm ..yeah i'll check that out with them!
Well they ought to...I won't say that they are giving you small money, but about 20 others will come over and tell you that you are...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

is that 6500AED per month?

that is around 1000GBP a month.

Jakey druggies in Ferguslie park get more per month in benefits
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

GB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really nice

Hi All,
Arrving in Dubai Nov3
British Male
Works in Construction (surprise surprise for Dubai)
Have Worked in Far East for many years previously.

Looking forward to meeting some of the Forum gang. Thanks for the info as well has been usefull
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GB2180
Hi All,
Arrving in Dubai Nov3
British Male
Works in Construction (surprise surprise for Dubai)
Have Worked in Far East for many years previously.

Looking forward to meeting some of the Forum gang. Thanks for the info as well has been usefull
you sound like the ideal candidate...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

GB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really niceGB2180 is just really nice

Candidate .......... for what may i ask?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:28 pm
hmmmm...nice

Candidate .......... for what may i ask?
if I tell you I will have to kill you...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ha know my ex wife eh!!!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:43 pm
hmmmm...nice

Ha know my ex wife eh!!!
what can I say...she pays good money
Old Oct 13th 2008, 2:35 pm
hmmmm...nice

The Legend of Dhruv...

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 19th 2008 at 1:28 pm. Reason: Removing quote as the original post is now deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.