Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Plastic Man
Two sets of twins, ages one and three, thats why i'm looking for activities outside the home
Shouldn't you stay at home a bit more and help your wife cope with all these kids, instead of going out with the boys for football and beers???
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the children

I only asked about schooling because I care. It's not cheap.

Still, cheap is relative, you may well be getting paid an absolute fortune, you may not be...
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the children
hahahahaha..you were going to get stick from me for asking about football and beers before asking about help with the kids or support groups for your wife
Old Feb 17th 2013, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Sorry, 9 kids?

Are you getting school fees covered?
Scamp has a point ..school fees are very expensive and pre school even more so. Plus you will need a mini van for your wife to drive all those kids around AND a large villa so that you will have room for a housemaid (or 2)to help with the kids. I am guessing it would be impossible for your wife to do school runs without help
Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Leader is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Been in Abu Dhabi for just over 6 months and love it. After 9 years in Portsmouth on big boats I'm now delivering high intensity fitness programmes to teenage natives whose parents want them to cut out the big macs and carve out a six pack

All a bit over the top really, but heck the money's good and the sunshine is great :-)
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Leader
After 9 years in Portsmouth
You poor soul.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Leader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
You poor soul.
Ha ha.

Actually, really enjoyed my time there. If only it was tax free and year round sunshine, I might still be there
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:18 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Been in Abu Dhabi for just over 6 months and love it. After 9 years in Portsmouth on big boats I'm now delivering high intensity fitness programmes to teenage natives whose parents want them to cut out the big macs and carve out a six pack

All a bit over the top really, but heck the money's good and the sunshine is great :-)
Check out Scamp, he would be an ideal candidate.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:21 am
Account Closed

Ha ha.

Actually, really enjoyed my time there. If only it was tax free and year round sunshine, I might still be there
The only enjoyable thing about Pompey is seeing signposts on the M27 saying Southampton.

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Check out Scamp, he would be an ideal candidate.
**** off.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Holmes1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, new to expat forum so thought I would take the time to introduce my self.

I am currently in the UK and will be in Doha from mid March, with the family. just the one child at the moment.

Hobbies: keen to get back to windsurfing in the warmer water and try kite boarding.

any help with mother and baby groups as my biggest concern is my wife hates it and we end up flying home after 3 weeks.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:35 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holmes1976

I am currently in the UK and will be in Doha from mid March, with the family. just the one child at the moment.

Hobbies: keen to get back to windsurfing in the warmer water and try kite boarding.

any help with mother and baby groups as my biggest concern is my wife hates it and we end up flying home after 3 weeks.
Hi, Welcome to the bored. Have you been to Doha before or are you and the family all arriving together??
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:42 am
Just Joined

I have been to the Doha, and the other gulf countries many times on business trip normally just for 2 weeks. we are all going to be arriving together, I thought it was a good time to arrive due to the pleasant weather! rather than the scorching summer.

I will be working for Mannai, but that doesn't restrict any car choices
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:46 am
Account Closed

Get a VPN and you can look at more than just facebook
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:46 am
Shark Fisherman

I have been to the Doha, and the other gulf countries many times on business trip normally just for 2 weeks. we are all going to be arriving together, I thought it was a good time to arrive due to the pleasant weather! rather than the scorching summer.

I will be working for Mannai, but that doesn't restrict any car choices
What business function for Mannai? I am glad to hear you have been before, Had this horrible thought you were arriving with the family having never been. That is one way for the Mrs to last 3 weeks.............I always recommend the person with the job comes over and feathers the nest for a smoother transition for the partner - Or to make sure you are staying here before uprooting others.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:48 am
Just Joined

I have been looking at Unotelly, which I tried during my last visit it worked fine for me to get the UK and USA online stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.