Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

consideringit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hello,

Considering an offer for Abu Dhabi at the moment, thanks to all for the amazing information and insights I have been reading so far.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Guisborough Lad
New to this site, just joined ahead of my re-location to Doha at the end of the month (jan 2013) . My wife and I are really excited about living and working in UAE, although resident in Doha m job role will see me travel the gulf weekly.
Originally from Teesside, been living in Manchester for te past 12 years. Big rugby and footy fans (utd) , all that is about to stop I guess! Still there is sailing and treks in the desert t look forward too. Best regards to all - John J.
A smoggy that supports manure?

What is Doha coming to?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Doha is retaining its usual state of excrement. How come you're suprised?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

AntTyson87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey!

I'm Ant from Leeds. Moving to Abu Dhabi next month for work just hoping to get a general feel of the place, I'v read up on all the laws ect just wanting to find ut what home comforts are about!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Jochram is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AntTyson87
Hey!

I'm Ant from Leeds. Moving to Abu Dhabi next month for work just hoping to get a general feel of the place, I'v read up on all the laws ect just wanting to find ut what home comforts are about!
Hi Ant, I am also from Leeds. Arrived in Abu Dhabi 2 weeks ago. Happy to be of assistance where I can but being a newbie here I still have a lot to learn myself
Old Jan 26th 2013, 7:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AntTyson87
Hey!

Originally Posted by Jochram
Hi Ant, I am also from Leeds. Arrived in Abu Dhabi 2 weeks ago. Happy to be of assistance where I can but being a newbie here I still have a lot to learn myself
sounds good
Old Jan 27th 2013, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been posting for a while - it passes those dreich, wet and windy nights in Scotland. Teacher. Now retired. Taught in Scotland,Zambia, Nigeria, Bulgaria in secondary schools and FE colleges. Taught in Higher Education in KSA where I also worked for the airline.

Migrant worker and not, defintely not, an "expat" (who is a migrant worker reading the Daily Mail or the Telegraph).

Now enjoying genteel poverty on a Scottish island.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:36 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I have been posting for a while - it passes those dreich, wet and windy nights in Scotland. Teacher. Now retired. Taught in Scotland,Zambia, Nigeria, Bulgaria in secondary schools and FE colleges. Taught in Higher Education in KSA where I also worked for the airline.

Migrant worker and not, defintely not, an "expat" (who is a migrant worker reading the Daily Mail or the Telegraph).

Now enjoying genteel poverty on a Scottish island.
sounds blissful
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sav123
Hello everyone,

27 year old single male moving from London to Doha in Feb 2013! Looking forward to the experience and any help i may get along the way from this site!
Welcome mate
Old Feb 10th 2013, 4:43 am
Just Joined

DXBDavie has a spectacular aura aboutDXBDavie has a spectacular aura aboutDXBDavie has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

Yet another 'sweaty' joining the forum, been the Middle East for about 7 years, between Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha - with some smaller trips to Jeddah, Riyadh and Bahrain.

Currently living in Jebel Ali and working in Dubai.

Enjoy my Cigars, Shishas, good whisky and fine rum.

I'm married to Mrs. DXB, and have one little DXB.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by DXBDavie
Hello,

Yet another 'sweaty' joining the forum, been the Middle East for about 7 years, between Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha - with some smaller trips to Jeddah, Riyadh and Bahrain.

Currently living in Jebel Ali and working in Dubai.

Enjoy my Cigars, Shishas, good whisky and fine rum.

I'm married to Mrs. DXB, and have one little DXB.
welcome
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Plastic Man
Hello, i'm first time poster but have been reading up on questions and answers for the past couple of weeks. Many thanks for all the info you all provide on the ME forum, its been a real help to us.

We are a married couple (mid 40's, 9 kids) moving to Dubai (from Northampton, UK) in the next 3 weeks, my wife is a stay at home mum whilst I have been offered a great job in the JLT area..

My wife will be busy with the kids so I am looking for any football teams in Dubai that I can join / hook up with..I play 11 a side and 7 a side back in the UK and it would be great to continue this in Dubai. I also play golf and would be really up for a game / few beers with anyone who fancies a round when I get there.

Thanks for reading, any replies or advice on avoiding the most common pitfalls associated with our move would be most welcomed.

Cheers....
Sorry, 9 kids?

Are you getting school fees covered?
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Plastic Man
No, but only 4 of them are of school age
So you are having to pay for 4 lots?

Are the others older and able to work? Or younger and still loving the simple poo-yourself life?
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

brightonguy is an unknown quantity at this point

9 kids! Wow! Figuratively speaking, you managed to have "one born every minute". Are there any twins or triplets?
Including yourself, you nearly make 11 so you can make up a football team in the future.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough

Are they giving you a palace to fill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.