Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That almost sounds disapproving...
Disapproving of the hypocrisy
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Disapproving of the hypocrisy
Fair enuff
Old Nov 10th 2011, 2:30 am
Just Joined

marylou_76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Brand spanking new in Jeddah and already going out of my mind...Any tips or suggestions or is anyone else on here in Jeddah.
I'm scottish, 35 and not living on a compound
Old Nov 12th 2011, 8:32 am
Just Joined

louise91287 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I will be heading back to Riyadh in the new year ... looking forward to getting out of this grim UK weather and back to the sand and sun ... also looking for any groups, clubs, events to attend
Old Nov 26th 2011, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

LittleMiss1980 is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I moved here in August, and may have introduced myself on this thread already but wanted to do so again! I'm Laura, a 31-year old teacher living in Business Bay. I'm finally finding my way around and settling in and, truth be told, would quite like some friends away from work!!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Crystal77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Just thought it would be nice for newbies to go introduce yourselves to folks here before diving in and asking questions, especially if you've not taken the time to check out the wiki or had a quick search for those common questions, spending a bit of time doing that goes a long way into getting help from folks without the shirty comments, it's the least you can do if you expect people to answer everything for you

So where are you from?
Got any kids?
Hobbies?
Whatever else

Oh and don't forget, different time zones and the weekend isn't Sat/Sun, so don't get shirty if you don't get a reply straight away
Hi
My name is Mary and i'm new to BE, i'm married with four lovely boys. We'r relocating to Abu Dhabi and i've got lots of questions to ask hope i'll get some answers from BE
Old Nov 26th 2011, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleMiss1980
Hi all,

I moved here in August, and may have introduced myself on this thread already but wanted to do so again! I'm Laura, a 31-year old teacher living in Business Bay. I'm finally finding my way around and settling in and, truth be told, would quite like some friends away from work!!
Did Joey turn out to be a creep?
Old Nov 26th 2011, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

LittleMiss1980 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Did Joey turn out to be a creep?

Haha!! Not at all
Old Nov 28th 2011, 9:06 am
Oman Bound

Reecie will become famous soon enough

Hi there

Hoping to move to Muscat in the New Year with hubby's job and two kids (3 & 4) any advice would be smashing. Where to live, clubs to join, schools to go to, what to bring out with us etc. It all seems such a mind field at the moment!

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:16 pm
Banned

springcleaning is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all
just joined britishexpats.com

Amazing and informative website

Mo from the Midlands
Now in Dubai Marina
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by springcleaning
Hey all
just joined britishexpats.com

Amazing and informative website

Mo from the Midlands
Now in Dubai Marina
Take a deep breath....
Old Nov 28th 2011, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Gandour is an unknown quantity at this point

Salam mate

I'm not a newbie to the ME but I am one to this forum.

I'm a Canadian guy expat studying Arabic in the magical kingdom of Saudi Arabia where the days are short and the nights are long.

Cool to come across this forum and hope to come learn about new neat things as well.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Garth_Vader is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

New to the board but been lurking a while.

Living in Bristol, UK right now but I move to Dubai in February so thought I'd show my face

I used to live in the ME when I was a kid ('82-'88), including Abu Dhabi, Jebel Ali and Bahrain.

I visted for the first time recently and took a stroll through the ghost town that is now old Jebel Ali, and really wished I hadn't. There's something quite depressing about seeing your old house falling to pieces!

Anyway, can't wait to get out there again, it's going to be awesome. And if anyone wants to go to loud shouty gigs whenever they're on then give me a shout. The Mrs hates that stuff!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE, yes it is sad about Jebel Ali Village, at leas the club is still there though
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Mosids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Name is Mo Sids

I am looking for a Management, academic or teaching position in Abu Dhabi or Dubai region...Tried nearly all the schools and websites...no luck.

Can anyone help....

Desperate soul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.