British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/newbies-introduce-yourselves-me-crowd-559659/)

Meow Nov 8th 2011 7:39 pm

Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9720797)
That almost sounds disapproving...

Disapproving of the hypocrisy ;)

Bahtatboy Nov 8th 2011 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9722274)
Disapproving of the hypocrisy ;)

Fair enuff:D

marylou_76 Nov 9th 2011 2:30 pm

Brand spanking new in Jeddah and already going out of my mind...Any tips or suggestions or is anyone else on here in Jeddah.
I'm scottish, 35 and not living on a compound :)

louise91287 Nov 11th 2011 8:32 pm

Hi all, I will be heading back to Riyadh in the new year ... looking forward to getting out of this grim UK weather and back to the sand and sun ... also looking for any groups, clubs, events to attend :thumbup:

LittleMiss1980 Nov 26th 2011 1:51 am

Hi all,

I moved here in August, and may have introduced myself on this thread already but wanted to do so again! I'm Laura, a 31-year old teacher living in Business Bay. I'm finally finding my way around and settling in and, truth be told, would quite like some friends away from work!! :cool:

Crystal77 Nov 26th 2011 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 6752053)
Just thought it would be nice for newbies to go introduce yourselves to folks here before diving in and asking questions, especially if you've not taken the time to check out the wiki or had a quick search for those common questions, spending a bit of time doing that goes a long way into getting help from folks without the shirty comments, it's the least you can do if you expect people to answer everything for you :)

So where are you from?
Got any kids?
Hobbies?
Whatever else :)

Oh and don't forget, different time zones and the weekend isn't Sat/Sun, so don't get shirty if you don't get a reply straight away :)

Hi
My name is Mary and i'm new to BE, i'm married with four lovely boys. We'r relocating to Abu Dhabi and i've got lots of questions to ask hope i'll get some answers from BE

Millhouse Nov 26th 2011 3:41 am

Originally Posted by LittleMiss1980 (Post 9755021)
Hi all,

I moved here in August, and may have introduced myself on this thread already but wanted to do so again! I'm Laura, a 31-year old teacher living in Business Bay. I'm finally finding my way around and settling in and, truth be told, would quite like some friends away from work!! :cool:

Did Joey turn out to be a creep? :rofl:

LittleMiss1980 Nov 26th 2011 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9755155)
Did Joey turn out to be a creep? :rofl:

Haha!! Not at all:thumbup:

Reecie Nov 27th 2011 9:06 pm

Hi there

Hoping to move to Muscat in the New Year with hubby's job and two kids (3 & 4) any advice would be smashing. Where to live, clubs to join, schools to go to, what to bring out with us etc. It all seems such a mind field at the moment!

Thanks

springcleaning Nov 28th 2011 5:16 am

Hey all
just joined britishexpats.com

Amazing and informative website

Mo from the Midlands
Now in Dubai Marina

OleJanx Nov 28th 2011 5:34 am

Originally Posted by springcleaning (Post 9758337)
Hey all
just joined britishexpats.com

Amazing and informative website

Mo from the Midlands
Now in Dubai Marina

Take a deep breath....

Gandour Nov 28th 2011 10:35 am

Salam mate:thumbup:

I'm not a newbie to the ME but I am one to this forum.

I'm a Canadian guy expat studying Arabic in the magical kingdom of Saudi Arabia where the days are short and the nights are long.

Cool to come across this forum and hope to come learn about new neat things as well.:D

Garth_Vader Dec 8th 2011 8:29 pm

Hi all,

New to the board but been lurking a while.

Living in Bristol, UK right now but I move to Dubai in February so thought I'd show my face :)

I used to live in the ME when I was a kid ('82-'88), including Abu Dhabi, Jebel Ali and Bahrain.

I visted for the first time recently and took a stroll through the ghost town that is now old Jebel Ali, and really wished I hadn't. There's something quite depressing about seeing your old house falling to pieces!

Anyway, can't wait to get out there again, it's going to be awesome. And if anyone wants to go to loud shouty gigs whenever they're on then give me a shout. The Mrs hates that stuff!

Blue Cat Dec 13th 2011 8:05 pm

welcome to BE, yes it is sad about Jebel Ali Village, at leas the club is still there though :)

Mosids Dec 18th 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Name is Mo Sids

I am looking for a Management, academic or teaching position in Abu Dhabi or Dubai region...Tried nearly all the schools and websites...no luck.

Can anyone help....

Desperate soul