Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I can't hear the nostril people, thats why I don't know what they are up to...

And I thought simply living in Dubai was my ticket to diminished responsibility....

...and just good old insanity my friend.

We should get bumper stickers made up.

'You don't have to be insane to live here. Actually no, sorry. Yes, you do'.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

JeddahJake is an unknown quantity at this point

Very welcoming Board this.....

A sticky thread dedicated to Newbies and everything.......

Oh hang on.... No you just totally blank newbies and talk amongst yourselves.... Good show Chaps and Chapesses
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeddahJake
Very welcoming Board this.....

A sticky thread dedicated to Newbies and everything.......

Oh hang on.... No you just totally blank newbies and talk amongst yourselves.... Good show Chaps and Chapesses
Sorry JeddahJake - welcome to BE ME. You'll get more banter posting in the sandpit, or alternatively if you need info/help post it in the main ME section.

Excuse the mindless jabbering.

SYB
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

JeddahJake is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought this was "The Sand Pit"..........

I've no problem with mindless jabbering.... I am an adept!
Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JeddahJake
I thought this was "The Sand Pit"..........

I've no problem with mindless jabbering.... I am an adept!
Yes, but most of the "chatter" goes on in the sub-topics.

Les Subjets de-jour seem to be the dubai aquarium leak, road safety, climate change and sex. Actually, sex seems to be the subjet de every jour....

Happy chatting!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:18 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi y'All

Bahtatboy from Abu Dhabi here. Traded living half-way up Ilkley Moor for a life in the sun. Got a super-sexy job here: we make pumps! Knew you'd be impressed.

Vowed never to come back to the ME after having endured 2 years in Riyadh when I was in my mid-twenties several decades ago, but never's a long time... And I specifically vowed never to go back to Saudi, but now my main client is Aramco. What WAS I thinking?

Still, life in Abu Dhabi ain't so bad, but I try to disguise the fact from the present Mrs Bahtatboy who drew the short straw and is left behind in God's Own Country to look after our two teenage sons. I keep telling her how tough it is out here: far too few bars to go round, a complete lack of licensing laws which means some people show no restraint and drink virtually all day , a boring car to drive (a Passat, dammit, with only 300bhp); virtually no totty to chat up (I've heard of somewhere called the Ally Pally--anyone know what it is?); obscene weather; and, yes dear, I am sending home all my pay--they didn't tell me there was 25% income tax here...

Looking forward to some social intercourse.

(Anyone guess who my avatar is?)
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Hi y'All

(Anyone guess who my avatar is?)

El Diablo from the good the bad and the ugly?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:21 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Kevin
El Diablo from the good the bad and the ugly?
No no no, I'm El Diablo. My avatar's much nicer and dead.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:34 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
No no no, I'm El Diablo. My avatar's much nicer and dead.
I assumed it was Peter Sutcliffe...

-
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:00 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Meow
I assumed it was Peter Sutcliffe...

-
Now that you mention it there is a passing resemblance...
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Mardy is an unknown quantity at this point

He's getting out soon, apparently.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Tobester is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, just moved to Dubai to start a new job. Have come here on my own and more-or-less completely on a whim and will be out looking for drinking buddies in the Dubai Marina area as of next weekend. Can anyone recommend any decent bars....?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:32 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tobester
Hey guys, just moved to Dubai to start a new job. Have come here on my own and more-or-less completely on a whim and will be out looking for drinking buddies in the Dubai Marina area as of next weekend. Can anyone recommend any decent bars....?
What is your definition of 'decent'? That's a whole can of worms around these parts...

-
Old Mar 13th 2010, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Tobester is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
What is your definition of 'decent'? That's a whole can of worms around these parts...

-
Pretty broad classification really; Somewhere with a laid back vibe, where the drinks aren't extortionately priced and where the music isn't so loud that it makes conversation impossible....
Old Mar 13th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tobester
Pretty broad classification really; Somewhere with a laid back vibe, where the drinks aren't extortionately priced and where the music isn't so loud that it makes conversation impossible....
Drinks tend to be extortionate in most of the bars here. but there are some nice places around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.