Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Dec 9th 2014, 8:22 am
Banned

Gif2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and planning a trip to Dubai this December for Christmas and New year.....
Old Dec 11th 2014, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi I am new to ME forum - Expecting (fingers x'd) to have an offer in Jan 2015 for a position in abu dhabi in oil and gas
Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

gp200ts1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, very new to the forum. hoping to have my formal offer for ops trainer in Saudi in the next week or so. will be based at Ras Tanura and looks like it will be mid Feb.
do they have scooter rallies in Saudi, looking for allnight dancing and lots of alcahol.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Haddad is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes lots of wild parties in Saudi, with alcohol flowing like water....................

I think you are in for a shock,
but then I may be wrong, if you get in with the right crowd.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

RichH90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Richard here, fairly new to Dubai. Originally from Newcastle!

Currently staying in JBR, and looking for places around JBR/Marina.

Hope you all had a great NY!

Rich
Old Jan 6th 2015, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Scooters ????????????????????? Maybe you can start a new craze !
Old Feb 15th 2015, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Mercurial99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody! I'm hoping to make a return to Saudi having been out there and in the UAE previously. Just stopping in!
Old Feb 16th 2015, 8:03 am
Just Joined

mdm26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

Just moved from sunny Sussex to an even sunnier Dubai with my company working in marketing. Would love to meet other Brits to make the transition easier but also because nobody can beat a good Brit!

Hopefully see some of you soon in Dubai (get in touch if you want to meet!)
Thanks
Mal
Old Feb 18th 2015, 8:53 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to our meeter and greeter? Is Blue Cat no longer a concierge?

Hello newbies!
Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:26 am
Just Joined

phoenix2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Newbie to the forum, UK based, work in healthcare. Just been offered a job with JHAH in Dhahran KSA. No idea when I will head out as still have clearance checks plus medical then visa application to process.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Rover Allover is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello from the cultural home of Neighbours

Australian based Brit looking for a stint in the ME. I've survived Barbies, beer, footy and Oi Oi Oi's, so I figure I can't get any less cultured by sticking myself and loved ones in a desert in the middle of nowhere.

Looking at the ME as a good middle stop to consider returning to Australia or carrying on back to Europe (France prob) in the long term.

Work as a L&D business mentor to senior management and boards. Wife is an Accountant. Is there a demand for our services?

Have been approached, but would like to look at other options - where should I look?

Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:12 am
Just Joined

PaulMK77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I arrived in Dubai about 3 weeks ago now and look forward to wife and daughter joining me in time for the new school year. Just stopping by to say hi!

Thanks, Paul
Old Jun 21st 2015, 12:30 pm
Banned

llmj989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im Moe from Houston Texas. I just moved to Riyadh, and just trying to learn some things about the place and possibbly meet some cool people as well. I came here cause the money's good, but the lifestyle seems unbelievably boring, which i already knew coming in. I just hope that changes soon.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llmj989
Im Moe from Houston Texas. I just moved to Riyadh, and just trying to learn some things about the place and possibbly meet some cool people as well. I came here cause the money's good, but the lifestyle seems unbelievably boring, which i already knew coming in. I just hope that changes soon.
Saudi is changing very fast - give it about 1000 years and it might actually be an OK place to live... oh, the scrap that, the oil will be gone by then.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 9:11 pm
Banned

llmj989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Saudi is changing very fast - give it about 1000 years and it might actually be an OK place to live... oh, the scrap that, the oil will be gone by then.
thats for dam sure! do you know anyone out here that knows how to have a good time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.