Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

I've made a few posts already but I think I will be on here a lot more over the next few weeks/months!

I have accepted a job in Dubai and I fly out on the 29th September. I am initially going on my own but then my partner is following me out about a month after. We are currently engaged and we will be getting married before I fly out so we can live together.

so Hello
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I've made a few posts already but I think I will be on here a lot more over the next few weeks/months!

I have accepted a job in Dubai and I fly out on the 29th September. I am initially going on my own but then my partner is following me out about a month after. We are currently engaged and we will be getting married before I fly out so we can live together.

so Hello
Don't go crazy on the marriage front.

You'll be fine co-habiting, just don't piss off your neighbours and always act as though you are married.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I've heard so many different stories with regards to living together.

I think personally I would just feel more at ease if we was married.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I've heard so many different stories with regards to living together.

I think personally I would just feel more at ease if we was married.
Fair enough mate, I understand the better safe than sorry thing, but think you'll be fine.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Shelders is just really niceShelders is just really niceShelders is just really niceShelders is just really niceShelders is just really niceShelders is just really niceShelders is just really niceShelders is just really nice

Hi

Female teacher moving out alone to Dubai to teach kids with special needs... terrified/ excited. Loving all the paperwork and admin work I'm ploughing through before getting there...

I'm going to be living (initally at least) in Discovery Gardens - anyone else living there??

Shelders
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Geordiedentist is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaalllreet!

Looks like I shall be landing in Dubai to start first steps of new life direction first or second week of October. I am already harassing some fellow Geordies out there and will likely now be pumping this place for info etc.

I'm on way first, family coming turn of the year most likely.

All assistance and answers to stupid questions gratefully accepted
Old Sep 4th 2012, 8:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordiedentist
Aaalllreet!

Looks like I shall be landing in Dubai to start first steps of new life direction first or second week of October. I am already harassing some fellow Geordies out there and will likely now be pumping this place for info etc.

I'm on way first, family coming turn of the year most likely.

All assistance and answers to stupid questions gratefully accepted
Hello again
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

mjennane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
MRJ is the name, from good old london. Been lurking around this place for a while, finally decided to start packing and go looking for a job in the desert.
I will have many trips to the region soon, so will hopefully join up a future meet up and buy some drinks.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjennane
Hello All,
MRJ is the name, from good old london. Been lurking around this place for a while, finally decided to start packing and go looking for a job in the desert.
I will have many trips to the region soon, so will hopefully join up a future meet up and buy some drinks.

Buy some drinks? You'll be popular!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Meow
Buy some drinks? You'll be popular!
ouch, I hope I won't regret this, seems like there are a lot of members here

happy to do it really, always great to make new friends (not talking about the ones that will turn up just for the free drink and take off )
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:31 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjennane
ouch, I hope I won't regret this, seems like there are a lot of members here

happy to do it really, always great to make new friends (not talking about the ones that will turn up just for the free drink and take off )
Welcome to the Board. Which sand pit are you heading to?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

still in sunny (noot) london right, eyes on all the region, but prefer AD
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Welcome to the Board. Which sand pit are you heading to?
Oooh, hope it's Jeddahs sandpit
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:22 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Why AD?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Been there many times, see it like dxb minus the in-your-face-bling plus only 1h away from.dxb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.