New Years Even plans

Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:59 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Years Even plans

*sigh* I was so looking forward to a quiet night in with nothing to do and not having to venture anywhere near the road but I was informed a few days ago that my soon to be visiting in-laws changed their travel date to tonight!!!
just because my *****ing brother in law can go and watch the fireworks on NYE but ofcourse there wasnt any planning hence the flight lands at 10.30 PM
there is no way they would be able to get anywhere near enough to watch anything by 12.00 pm...however they WILL be able to get me frothing at the mouth with the traffic
I have half a mind to just send a meet and greet and lock myself in my room
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

If anyones around, have a look at the facebook page for Sandance. Looks like a lot of people are very pissed off.....

https://www.facebook.com/SandanceDubai?filter=3

Happy New Year Brit Expats
Old Jan 1st 2014, 2:58 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob
If anyones around, have a look at the facebook page for Sandance. Looks like a lot of people are very pissed off.....

Friends tried to get there, two hours on a bus from Media City, got as far as The Westin then were told Palm was closed so sent home.

Not the best NYE for people who paid for Sandance.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robajob

(and a little )
Old Jan 1st 2014, 6:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Friends tried to get there, two hours on a bus from Media City, got as far as The Westin then were told Palm was closed so sent home.

Not the best NYE for people who paid for Sandance.
at least they have agreed to refunds, not the point though when people's evenings were totally ruined.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 10:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
at least they have agreed to refunds, not the point though when people's evenings were totally ruined.
Seems as it was more the fault of the RTA and Nakheel...
Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

[QUOTE=Patsy Stoned;11055390]I am going out with some friends on their yacht, sailing from DOSC. I have a driver who will drop us off and eventually take us home. Sailing out to 1 of the islands, having a BBQ and cocktails onboard and then sailing closer inshore to watch the fireworks .. I am looking forward to it :-D[/QUOTE

How did it turn out Patsy, was it as good from Offshore as it was from onshore?
Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=johnbuoy;11058381]
Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I am going out with some friends on their yacht, sailing from DOSC. I have a driver who will drop us off and eventually take us home. Sailing out to 1 of the islands, having a BBQ and cocktails onboard and then sailing closer inshore to watch the fireworks .. I am looking forward to it :-D[/QUOTE

I reckon it would be better off shore, off shore drinking free booze
Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
Seems as it was more the fault of the RTA and Nakheel...
and the organisers for believing them!
Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:13 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

and the organisers for believing them!
I know one of the guys behind Sandance and they have a history of doing a good job at not the easiest of venues. Last year's NYE event was fine, but I don't think they had any options this year once the fireworks were announced.

I've seen reports and photos of the police blocking roads as it seems the priority was the fireworks, not the event pad for my individuals. The usual Dubai PR shallowness was considered more important.

The whole thing turned into a mess and has now tarnished the Sandance brand, which is a shame. Not my thing, but it's been very popular and successful.

The comments from people on various website and forums are simply ridiculous. Apparently the worst night of their lives (a pretty charmed life then), a personal insult (oh grow up), threats of court cases (oh do please try and take Nakheel and the RTA to court) and something called 'moral trauma' (FFS!)

Last edited by Meow; Jan 1st 2014 at 12:24 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=johnbuoy;11058381]
Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I am going out with some friends on their yacht, sailing from DOSC. I have a driver who will drop us off and eventually take us home. Sailing out to 1 of the islands, having a BBQ and cocktails onboard and then sailing closer inshore to watch the fireworks .. I am looking forward to it :-D[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=Blue Cat;11058383]
Originally Posted by johnbuoy

I reckon it would be better off shore, off shore drinking free booze
It was very lovely, we moored by that island just out from DOSC, it was crowed with people having BBQs and a good time, we anchored offshore with another boat and had a BBQ onboard and lots of bubbly :-D

About 11.30 we sailed towards the Palm and stopped just before the Burj, we had the World behind us and all the firework barges in a semi circle.
We had a fantastic view of the Khalifa fireworks and then we were surrounded by fireworks... It was amazing :-D, we had more bubbly and a gentle chug back to DOSC. We had a driver waiting for us, but even so, it took about an hour to get home, every road was gridlocked!
Old Jan 1st 2014, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The comments from people on various website and forums are simply ridiculous. Apparently the worst night of their lives (a pretty charmed life then), a personal insult (oh grow up), threats of court cases (oh do please try and take Nakheel and the RTA to court) and something called 'moral trauma' (FFS!)
I needed a good laugh, and those dim-bulb posters have provided it.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:19 am
Concierge

[QUOTE=Patsy Stoned;11058406][QUOTE=johnbuoy;11058381]

It was very lovely, we moored by that island just out from DOSC, it was crowed with people having BBQs and a good time, we anchored offshore with another boat and had a BBQ onboard and lots of bubbly :-D

About 11.30 we sailed towards the Palm and stopped just before the Burj, we had the World behind us and all the firework barges in a semi circle.
We had a fantastic view of the Khalifa fireworks and then we were surrounded by fireworks... It was amazing :-D, we had more bubbly and a gentle chug back to DOSC. We had a driver waiting for us, but even so, it took about an hour to get home, every road was gridlocked!
sounds fabulous though!
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 4:21 am
Concierge

I know one of the guys behind Sandance and they have a history of doing a good job at not the easiest of venues. Last year's NYE event was fine, but I don't think they had any options this year once the fireworks were announced.

I've seen reports and photos of the police blocking roads as it seems the priority was the fireworks, not the event pad for my individuals. The usual Dubai PR shallowness was considered more important.

The whole thing turned into a mess and has now tarnished the Sandance brand, which is a shame. Not my thing, but it's been very popular and successful.

I agree with you and Sandance the brand will be fine, all these comments will be a 5 minute wonder. However I saw a lot of comments about their phone being switched off and people being refused entry as they didn't arrive on a bus etc.