Wikiposts

New Year Resolution

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all
Default Re: New Year Resolution

If anyone can help me with flying planes here, would be appreciated, thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
Here you go darling........... let Google be your friend

http://www.emiratesaviationservices.com/
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
https://twitter.com/alqaeda
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Welcome back, I'll give you to 1pm before the ban hammer comes down...
Winner!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
All my female clients tell me that they want to look like me when they get to my age
Anyway, it all depends what type of training you do darling... I developed a programme that tones and strengthens with just 2 hours a week..I don't do cardio and I don't do 'hot and sweaty'
As soon as I'm back to work Patsy I will be in touch with you about a regime, no point in paying 10000 USD for my body lift if I haven't done the infrastructure work me thinks
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
As soon as I'm back to work Patsy I will be in touch with you about a regime, no point in paying 10000 USD for my body lift if I haven't done the infrastructure work me thinks
Just let me know when you are ready darling and you can come round for a chat and an assessment.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:40 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Resolution: Incorporate constructive comments and self-feedback re last year's partly-successful fat-busting programme, and carry though to completion this year. I won't bore with the details and blow-by-blow accounts this time, just post occassionally to report progress. Will just say that the plan includes heavy weights, regular low-intensity cv and less-frequent high-intensity cv, frequent meals, paleo-based diet, 3-4 months of intensity to get to roughly where I want to be, thereafter maintain everything (especially the paleo-based diet) but in moderation.

Oh yeah, and no booze in January
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:47 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Resolution: Incorporate constructive comments and self-feedback re last year's partly-successful fat-busting programme, and carry though to completion this year. I won't bore with the details and blow-by-blow accounts this time, just post occassionally to report progress. Will just say that the plan includes heavy weights, regular low-intensity cv and less-frequent high-intensity cv, frequent meals, paleo-based diet, 3-4 months of intensity to get to roughly where I want to be, thereafter maintain everything (especially the paleo-based diet) but in moderation.

Oh yeah, and no booze in January
Have you looked into intermittent fasting? The small, regular meal paradigm is questionable according to some...
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Have you looked into intermittent fasting? The small, regular meal paradigm is questionable according to some...
No, I find it counter-intuitive to keeping my metabolism ramped and building muscle (an important aspect for me), but I'll keep an open mind. Do you have the knowledge / experience, or do we need UKCityGent?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 2:54 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
No, I find it counter-intuitive to keeping my metabolism ramped and building muscle (an important aspect for me), but I'll keep an open mind. Do you have the knowledge / experience, or do we need UKCityGent?
I have read a little bit about it. It can help promote growth hormone, IIRC. There's a book by Brad Pillon called Eat Stop Eat, which is well-regarded, and there was a documentary on BBC Horizon about it with Dr. Michael Moseley.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:43 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

im mega into fasting nowadays. I always train in the morning on an empty stomach and drink water only. If i am doing a 3h+ session then i consider having some fuel, but generally i starve..

If the body cant find carbs on tap to burn, it has to get its fuel from somewhere...that place being your unlimited fat reserves...

Word of warning though, carbs are the fire that burns the fat. The fire needs to be lit...i.e..deplete yourself totally of carbs (in cycling/running known as bonking) and your body simply cannot function and burn fat. Basically you need to sit on your arse, eat, sleep and wait...

NOt sure if anyone actually asked me for that wee snippet or gives a ****, but its Thursday night and im prepped for my Friday morning sufferfest on the bike, so im in the zone.

cheers.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

The best IF fasting approach for me is to use a combination of Leangains and carb backloading. I fast for 16 hours, eating 20% of mycalories (or have some BCAAs with a protein & creatine mix),training (a split, heavy loads using a reverse pyramid approach x 3 times a week on a full body cycle of 3 sets for 4-8 reps for a max of 45 mins) and then using the using 80% of the calories. Non-training days I mix it with martial arts and interval running or rugby. I eat paelo too. Personally i do not do any form of low steady state running as there is minimal reward from it.

The key difference between Eat Stop Eat and Leangains is the duration but from my research the body utilities fat after 12-14 hours. How long you keep the furnace going on is up to you, however after 30+ hours the returns diminish - hence i believe that 16/18hrs is an optimum risk/reward strategy.

If breakfast is an issue - then delay eating breakfast to keep the GH cycle.

On weight training sessions you need to increase your carbs, with low fat. On non training days you reduce your carbs and increase fat. Protein remains high, hence the need to supplement with protein and creatine drinks (if you cant eat your protein with real food). If you want to reduce fat, reduce the number of days you carb back load to one.

Your body will not go into a catabolic state if you do not eat for 16 hours or go into starvation mode (starvation mode relies on you having a low bodyfat and takes 4-6 week to kick in). You may feel hungry - just keep hydrated (especially if you use creatine) or black coffee with cinammon.

Hope it give you some ideas.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
im mega into fasting nowadays. I always train in the morning on an empty stomach and drink water only. If i am doing a 3h+ session then i consider having some fuel, but generally i starve..

If the body cant find carbs on tap to burn, it has to get its fuel from somewhere...that place being your unlimited fat reserves...

Word of warning though, carbs are the fire that burns the fat. The fire needs to be lit...i.e..deplete yourself totally of carbs (in cycling/running known as bonking) and your body simply cannot function and burn fat. Basically you need to sit on your arse, eat, sleep and wait...

cheers.
This is the key point of carb back loading - commander do you go into ketosis ?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
This is the key point of carb back loading - commander do you go into ketosis ?
Ill need to ask my coach

If that is the same as going from 350w on the bike to 30w with a rising heartate, falling off the bike and then puking (but of course there is nothing there)..and then calling someone for help..then yea..on occassion
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:06 am
Hit 16's

****. Just when I though I'd got it clear in my head...knew I shouldn't have posted.

Gent: Can you map that into when to eat, and what (not which foods to eat, but which macronutrients at what times)? Assuming that my goals are fat reduction and muscle growth, and that generally I train early morning every day (with 1 day off per week).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.