British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   New Year 2019 Plans (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-year-2019-plans-920524/)

Irishbeekeeper Dec 29th 2018 2:47 pm

New Year 2019 Plans

Well it certainly has been an eventful year and I must admit could have gone better for some of the people I know but I look at health as the only major factor in measuring any type of happiness. If you and your family / loved ones are healthy then imho thats ALL that counts. The rest has a weird way of working itself out, no matter how much you either fret over it. So with that being said :

1. What are your immediate plans for NY night? I have a few friends visiting and they want to drag me to the Burj to watch the fire-show despite me resisting. I have heard nightmare stories about traffic and in the past 7 years have always made sure I stay far away from SZR starting that afternoon till well into the next day.

2. What are your general plans for the coming year? I predict the same fiscal situation (if not worse in June July 2019) which is generally prevailing and think there will be a lot more 'strategic mergers' and business relocations and staff resizing in the coming year. This show is far from over but I plan on keeping my head down and riding through it because I am sure if we can survive the next couple of years, it ought to balance out.

3. Any personal plans? I know everyone says more gym and less smart phone but I am talking about more personal growth plans. Like I am going to make a book a month plan, at the very least!

mission Dec 30th 2018 9:52 am

Re: New Year 2019 Plans

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12613941)
Well it certainly has been an eventful year and I must admit could have gone better for some of the people I know but I look at health as the only major factor in measuring any type of happiness. If you and your family / loved ones are healthy then imho thats ALL that counts. The rest has a weird way of working itself out, no matter how much you either fret over it. So with that being said :

1. What are your immediate plans for NY night? I have a few friends visiting and they want to drag me to the Burj to watch the fire-show despite me resisting. I have heard nightmare stories about traffic and in the past 7 years have always made sure I stay far away from SZR starting that afternoon till well into the next day.

2. What are your general plans for the coming year? I predict the same fiscal situation (if not worse in June July 2019) which is generally prevailing and think there will be a lot more 'strategic mergers' and business relocations and staff resizing in the coming year. This show is far from over but I plan on keeping my head down and riding through it because I am sure if we can survive the next couple of years, it ought to balance out.

3. Any personal plans? I know everyone says more gym and less smart phone but I am talking about more personal growth plans. Like I am going to make a book a month plan, at the very least!

I always avoid the fireworks and SZR on NYE. Tomorrow night am off to a bar/club in JLT.....hopefully it should be fun....intend to get completely bladdered :p
No such plans for the coming year....except to try and save some money!

Happy New Year folks! :)

Pongo Dec 31st 2018 7:47 am

2000AED per person for a table at 5 guys with all you can eat tonight...some idiots must be willing to pay.
KFC is only 800AED!
Nice view of the fireworks though..

Irishbeekeeper Jan 1st 2019 8:47 am

Well the overselling of the Property Giant's name on the Burj in English, Arabic and then in Chinese was a precursor of things to come maybe?