New Tv / techie heads

Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:23 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Tv / techie heads

Ok just bought a new tv for the bedroom, its a panasonic LCD HD TV, now I have showtime in the living room and an extra cable that goes through to the bedroom, this is a normal lead like you get on the tv aerial, which plugged into our very old crappy tv and worked a treat,

the new one has a port for it but just won't pick it up, in fact my PS2 won't connect either as it has no SKART lead, but the HD DVD plugs in and plays fine,

so.....do I contact showtime and get them to upgrade my lead somehoe or is there anything I can buy that will get it working? I obviously need HDTV leads somehow,

anyone....?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:30 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Tv / techie heads

Spugs, contact showtime. We done exactly the same thing, got a samsung 5th generation lcd with full surround for our bedroom (bit of an overkill but what the hell)
Showtime ran a cable and provided a boxy thingy which means we have 2 remotes and can change channels in either room.

They will bring all the leads
Old Nov 29th 2008, 1:40 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Spugs, contact showtime. We done exactly the same thing, got a samsung 5th generation lcd with full surround for our bedroom (bit of an overkill but what the hell)
Showtime ran a cable and provided a boxy thingy which means we have 2 remotes and can change channels in either room.

cracking, will do, ta fella.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

we got one of these for the bedroom
not the largest but looks good and great picture

next job is to upgrade to an LCD in the living room

Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

we have got a 32" flat screen in the bedroom, my mate says it is like the Grande Cineplex in our house
Old Nov 30th 2008, 5:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

we have the cable so we can watch 2 different things in 2 different rooms, just spoke to the guy and he reckons we should just re-tune it, thing is I don't think you can re-tune the new tv, it is already set up for AVI 1/2/3/4.

To be honest I could hardly understand what he was saying.

Do you have 2 boxes then? As we have the showtime box that you can pause, record etc on - and that one is fine.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:58 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
we have the cable so we can watch 2 different things in 2 different rooms, just spoke to the guy and he reckons we should just re-tune it, thing is I don't think you can re-tune the new tv, it is already set up for AVI 1/2/3/4.

To be honest I could hardly understand what he was saying.

Do you have 2 boxes then? As we have the showtime box that you can pause, record etc on - and that one is fine.
i have

Living room

1 x 44 inch sony bravia lcd
1 x showtime recordable one with ART sports.
1 x orbit box

Bedroom

1 x Samsung generation 5 44 inch LCD
1 x orbit box
1 lead that comes up to our bedroom and into a little receiver so we can change channels from the bedroom. (i.e no showtime box upstairs)
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

i have

Living room

1 x 44 inch sony bravia lcd
1 x showtime recordable one with ART sports.
1 x orbit box

Bedroom

1 x Samsung generation 5 44 inch LCD
1 x orbit box
1 lead that comes up to our bedroom and into a little receiver so we can change channels from the bedroom. (i.e no showtime box upstairs)
yeah so I have the little receiver and also a cable that plugs into the 'antenna' bit in the lcd tv, is that what you have?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:04 am
banned

yeah so I have the little receiver and also a cable that plugs into the 'antenna' bit in the lcd tv, is that what you have?
sounds like it.

but we can only watch the same showtime channel in the bedroom and the livingroom.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:03 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure you have to have showtime premium we've got the skybox downstairs with remote and cabled to upstairs which has its own showtime remote and you can change channels and watch different program upstairs.

Just remembered a while ago we had a problem with no picture upstairs and had to re-tune, just phone showtime back again and see if you get someone different they are normally really helpful with problems

Last edited by Fairydust; Nov 30th 2008 at 10:05 am.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

sounds like it.

but we can only watch the same showtime channel in the bedroom and the livingroom.
well I managed to tune it in through the aerial, so it works, but obviously NOT in HD, so I'll ring them and get another box in the bedroom.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:46 am
banned

well I managed to tune it in through the aerial, so it works, but obviously NOT in HD, so I'll ring them and get another box in the bedroom.
Does showtime actually transmit HD? i dont think so....
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Does showtime actually transmit HD? i dont think so....
ah thats a point, as the DVD is HD and the picture looks amazing, so only the DVDs would be in that good a quality? Or until showtime do HDTV?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:52 am
banned

Correct. All the high res specs of tv's are pretty insignificant and governed by the quality of the sat picture transmitted.

Unless ofcourse you are watching an HD DVD.

I know sky in the uk have a HD service but I'm pretty sure showtime will follow suit in 2015 or something