British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   New to this site (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-site-566004/)

ramram Oct 8th 2008 8:49 pm

New to this site

Hi am new to this site . Although been in Dubai for 3 yrs now. originally moved from London. Always wanted to know how people managed to meet up for cafe mornings and make friends very quickly, between my husband and kids do not have much chance to go the computer.

Now i found out from another about this site.:rofl: Apart from the moms in my kids school don't know anyone. R there any cafe mornings in Springs area and how do the kids get to meet other kids in the area ? My kids r 9 and 5 . Also wanted to know if there is any meditation places around in Dubai as have not seen any or any places which do languges like french, italian or Spanish , would anyone be able to help me pls?

Bob Oct 8th 2008 8:57 pm

Re: New to this site

Quizz night seems popular...

lionheart Oct 9th 2008 5:06 am

Come along to the DVD/Book Sale at the nearby Lakes Clubhouse from 11am Friday and meet some of the organisers, who will give you plenty of free advice.

MataHari Oct 9th 2008 5:13 am

Originally Posted by ramram (Post 6857679)
Hi am new to this site . Although been in Dubai for 3 yrs now. originally moved from London. Always wanted to know how people managed to meet up for cafe mornings and make friends very quickly, between my husband and kids do not have much chance to go the computer.

Now i found out from another about this site.:rofl: Apart from the moms in my kids school don't know anyone. R there any cafe mornings in Springs area and how do the kids get to meet other kids in the area ? My kids r 9 and 5 . Also wanted to know if there is any meditation places around in Dubai as have not seen any or any places which do languges like french, italian or Spanish , would anyone be able to help me pls?

google expat woman and it comes up with a site that does loads of coffee mornings...
as for your kids...I would imagine when they go outside there will be plenty of playmates for them in your area...

BangleMan Oct 9th 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6858440)
google expat woman and it comes up with a site that does loads of coffee mornings...
as for your kids...I would imagine when they go outside there will be plenty of playmates for them in your area...

Nothing better than having a playmate....

MataHari Oct 9th 2008 9:22 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6858919)
Nothing better than having a playmate....

I am sure your time will come...

BangleMan Oct 9th 2008 9:24 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6858931)
I am sure your time will come...

I see you have that nasty bone out again :sneaky:

MataHari Oct 9th 2008 9:26 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6858936)
I see you have that nasty bone out again :sneaky:

and having fun with it...

BangleMan Oct 9th 2008 9:30 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6858940)
and having fun with it...

Cant be that much fun if you are posting,..... while waving it around !

MataHari Oct 9th 2008 11:05 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6858955)
Cant be that much fun if you are posting,..... while waving it around !

damn...left the webcam on again...