Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

New to Saudi : Driving in Riyadh?

New to Saudi : Driving in Riyadh?

Old Dec 11th 2011, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

tomnewinriyadh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Saudi : Driving in Riyadh?

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might help me with driving questions? I've just been offered a job in Riyadh and will arrive early January. My position requires me to drive but I've only just left university and don't have a UK driving license! I don't think I have time to get a driving license here in England as all the test centres are booked up : Would I be able to get a Saudi license on arrival once I have my iqama sorted out? Thanks in advance, Tom
Old Dec 11th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Saudi : Driving in Riyadh?

One of the guys here i know only had a UK provisional license - went to the ministry and came out with a full license simply as they dont understand difference between provisional and full. Try it and "blag" your way thru it.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the driving here. If your formative driving experience is in Saudi Arabia, you'll be flabbergasted when you drive in Europe.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 3:34 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

You must be crazy...

Just put "Riyadh driving" into YouTube to see what you will have to deal with.

Get some defensive driving lessons before coming over, it may just save your life. I'm serious
Old Dec 11th 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

lol, best game in town