Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

New hit TV sitcom based in Dubai

New hit TV sitcom based in Dubai

Old Nov 13th 2012, 8:21 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default New hit TV sitcom based in Dubai

Jumeirah Beach
(BBC Entertainment, 9pm)

The hit new drama exploring the lives and loves of a group of loathsome expats sharing a four-bedroom Dubai apartment. In tonight’s episode, Australian recruitment consultant Daryl provides a shoulder to cry on for British PR executive Emma, distraught that the maid has – once again – neglected to clean the balcony. Meanwhile, tensions flare when the new arrival from South Africa, personal trainer Jacques, suggests the flatmates walk to the supermarket at the bottom of the building rather than making a delivery order.

http://www.panarabiaenquirer.com/wor...umeirah-beach/

Haha... Another classic from PAE. If only...
Old Nov 13th 2012, 11:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New hit TV sitcom based in Dubai

love it, I asked the creator of Benidorm if he wanted to Dubaiadorm, I could provide him with plenty of story lines
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:18 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at the TV listing and according to listing it ain't on
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:30 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Just looked at the TV listing and according to listing it ain't on
Dumb, or am I being dumber in responding?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:32 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Dumb, or am I being dumber in responding?
Why what am I missing?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:33 pm

Why what am I missing?
Ah right got it mmmmmm
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right got it mmmmmm
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Took a bit of getting there though
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping it was real so that I could download it straight away!!!
Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:40 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I was hoping it was real so that I could download it straight away!!!
Thing is, it would work.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

If the reality shows with their superficial characters from Essex or pseudo knightsbridge boys work in the UK I don't see why Jumeirah Beach wouldn't pass muster. It'd even been more successful, methinks.

Wonder who the fourth resident of the flat is? We have Daryl the Australian, Emma the Brit, Jacques the Saffer, so that leaves us with....? Ali the Kiwi PA?

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Thing is, it would work.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 3:07 pm
Hit 16's

So instead of the participative story which was started recently but withered and died, a better idea would be for us to write the screenplay for Jumeirah Beach.

So we need:
Title
Main locations
Characters

The story line an develop as we go.

Takers?
Old Nov 14th 2012, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hah. Here's my input.

Title: Jumeirah Beach
Main locations: JBR. Or possibly the Shorelines on the Palm. Or where Scamp lives.
Characters: A polygot of Anglo nationalities. UK/Australian/Kiwi?South African. Possibly an American?

Let's stick with the premise in the original and we have the four flatmates. Emma will be having a clandestine affair with her British boss who's originally from Newcastle but now lives with his wife, young family and ugly Sri Lankian maid in Arabian Ranches. Emma wants to use the affair as a means for professional advancement but the boss is desperate to sack her yet knows if he does Emma will reveal the affair to his wife.

Daryl is a decent beer swilling rugby playing bloke and his best mate is another Australian who has a secret Filipino girlfriend who works in the Dubai Mall and is a sweet girl but the boyfriend refuses to introduce her to any of his Western mates. Daryl finds out about this and falls in love with the Filipino, yet he's still with his high maintenance Russian girlfriend who he met at Barasti and who says she's a marketing executive but Daryl has his reasons for thinking she was once a prostitute and may still be moonlighting on the side.

Jacques is gay and is trying to find success in the homosexual world in Dubai and keeps falling in love with Emiratis and other Arabs who are in the closet and prowl Jumeira Beach after sunset looking for illicit love.

Ali the Kiwi PA is mad about nature and the environment and drives a big-ass 4x4 for all her camping trips in the desert and does every triathlons in the UAE. She's on the prowl for a boyfriend but ends up only with one night stands.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If the reality shows with their superficial characters from Essex or pseudo knightsbridge boys work in the UK I don't see why Jumeirah Beach wouldn't pass muster. It'd even been more successful, methinks.

Wonder who the fourth resident of the flat is? We have Daryl the Australian, Emma the Brit, Jacques the Saffer, so that leaves us with....? Ali the Kiwi PA?
Rafiq the Australian
Old Nov 14th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

You need some Arabs , Indians and Pakistanis in the mix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.