British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   New fridge with Ice maker and water dispenser (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-fridge-ice-maker-water-dispenser-723518/)

commander Jul 4th 2011 8:30 am

New fridge with Ice maker and water dispenser

Quick question, we just bought one of those, but i want to use bottled water instead of the mains water.

Anyone else done this. All the instruction manuals seem to point to connecting a tube direct from the mains water inlet.

fezzer Jul 4th 2011 1:00 pm

Re: New fridge with Ice maker and water dispenser

We did this. I'm not sure if you'll have to do the same thing, but we had to buy an additional water pump for a couple hundred dibbs. You then simply put one end of the pipe in the water bottle, and the other plugs into the machine. Sorted!

commander Jul 4th 2011 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by fezzer (Post 9474278)
We did this. I'm not sure if you'll have to do the same thing, but we had to buy an additional water pump for a couple hundred dibbs. You then simply put one end of the pipe in the water bottle, and the other plugs into the machine. Sorted!

cheers mate, any idea where you bought the said pump?

ctfc Jul 5th 2011 4:39 am

Betterlife have them and will fit for a small fee

commander Jul 5th 2011 6:38 am

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9475626)
Betterlife have them and will fit for a small fee

thanks, that is in the MOE?

cheers

ctfc Jul 5th 2011 6:48 am

Yup.

Blue Cat Jul 5th 2011 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9473856)
Quick question, we just bought one of those, but i want to use bottled water instead of the mains water.

Anyone else done this. All the instruction manuals seem to point to connecting a tube direct from the mains water inlet.

snob :p how's it going up there though? liking it?

commander Jul 8th 2011 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9476667)
snob :p how's it going up there though? liking it?

well the ****ing fridge doesnt work. Well the pump does, must be an issue with the water/ice maker.

Yea, we are totally loving it. I have my side of the garage decked out into my home office/triathlon store. Beer fridge, coffee maker etc. Its my little den...happy days.

Still not got round to getting up any pictures or anything in the house and my daughters windows are covered in bin liners as i cant be arsed putting up the curtains (family are in Scotland right now)

Also next door kindly donated a lovely trampoline that is now in bits at my back door. That is my summer project.

If anyone is good at building trampolines, there is free beer on offer to build the bloody thing.

We looked at a lot of places around Dubai, and for us, factoring schooling (lack of) availability, this was the right choice.

Interestingly i had a post ride coffee with this bloke this morning who complained that he has to drive from Jumeirah to Jess in AR to take his 4 year old to school...Well my heart bleeds. I live in the Ranches and we can even get our little one on the waiting list lol.

paca Jul 8th 2011 10:27 am

our old fridge had a hidden switch to turn the ice machine off...

commander Jul 8th 2011 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by paca (Post 9482831)
our old fridge had a hidden switch to turn the ice machine off...

Thanks, and your right. I found it lol...ice is being made!!

Blue Cat Jul 9th 2011 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9482586)
well the ****ing fridge doesnt work. Well the pump does, must be an issue with the water/ice maker.

Yea, we are totally loving it. I have my side of the garage decked out into my home office/triathlon store. Beer fridge, coffee maker etc. Its my little den...happy days.

Still not got round to getting up any pictures or anything in the house and my daughters windows are covered in bin liners as i cant be arsed putting up the curtains (family are in Scotland right now)

Also next door kindly donated a lovely trampoline that is now in bits at my back door. That is my summer project.

If anyone is good at building trampolines, there is free beer on offer to build the bloody thing.

We looked at a lot of places around Dubai, and for us, factoring schooling (lack of) availability, this was the right choice.

Interestingly i had a post ride coffee with this bloke this morning who complained that he has to drive from Jumeirah to Jess in AR to take his 4 year old to school...Well my heart bleeds. I live in the Ranches and we can even get our little one on the waiting list lol.

glad it's all worked out, I knew it would :wub:

commander Jul 10th 2011 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9485151)
glad it's all worked out, I knew it would :wub:

cheers, what about you, how is the barsha move?

Blue Cat Jul 10th 2011 5:51 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9485830)
cheers, what about you, how is the barsha move?

love it, all worked out well :)