British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   New films 2013 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-films-2013-a-783080/)

NorthernLad Jan 9th 2013 6:20 am

New films 2013

Some cracking films on torrent at moment:

The Impossible - gives you an idea of the horror of what it must have been like to be caught up in the tsunami. Very moving.

Zero Dark Thirty - as expected, excellent (also includes references to the Khobar attacks and Marriott in Islamabad which some people on this forum will remember)

Django Unchained - MINT

The Hobbit - wish I'd gone to the cinema to watch it now.

Hitchcock - still not watched it, on tonights viewing list.

mentalist Jan 9th 2013 6:41 am

Re: New films 2013

What is torrent?

Kix Jan 9th 2013 8:15 am

I downloaded Django last night, it's on tonight's viewing list.

Forgot about Zero Dark Thirty, will nip over to those pesky pirates later for that one.

flares Jan 9th 2013 8:35 am

Looking forward to some Eusie MacGregor action in The Impossible.

Was in Phuket on the 8 yr anniversary and some of the subtle tributes were quite moving...plus the signs in the stairwells - down in case of fire, up in case of tsunami
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...88780506_n.jpg

Blue Cat Jan 9th 2013 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10472851)
What is torrent?

downloads of movies, you download them into a torrent form to view them (kind of)

Bahtatboy Jan 9th 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10473270)
downloads of movies, you download them into a torrent form to view them (kind of)

That begs the question.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 9th 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10472822)
Some cracking films on torrent at moment:

The Impossible - gives you an idea of the horror of what it must have been like to be caught up in the tsunami. Very moving.

Zero Dark Thirty - as expected, excellent (also includes references to the Khobar attacks and Marriott in Islamabad which some people on this forum will remember)

Django Unchained - MINT

The Hobbit - wish I'd gone to the cinema to watch it now.

Hitchcock - still not watched it, on tonights viewing list.

Thanks, some good ones there that I'd heard / seen / read about and then forgotten.

Paracletus Jan 10th 2013 1:02 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10472851)
What is torrent?

A place in Spain.

But also, a file type which contains data on the location of the file data you are downloading. It will assemble the file once it is fully downloaded, as this is done in chunks. I think. Welcome to the internet.

Bob Jan 10th 2013 2:51 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10472822)

That actually good then? I thought it sounded/looked pretty dull so ignored it when it was out.

Anyway, yify is a pretty decent spot for movies if no one else has seen it, but not for pre-releases.

Meow Jan 10th 2013 6:51 am

I watched Zero Dark Thirty last weekend. It was rather good although I raised an eyebrow at the nightclub scene in Kuwait. Worth a watch.

I haven't watched Hitchcock yet, but made for UK made for TV film called The Girl, about Hitchcock and Tippi Hedron was pretty good.

Kix Jan 10th 2013 7:15 am

Django Unchained.

Watched it last night, brilliant film.

britexpat76 Jan 10th 2013 7:25 am

I watched Skyfall this week, I got an excellent torrent. Great film well worth watching (Obviously unedited, unlike here)

NorthernLad Jan 10th 2013 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10474769)
I watched Zero Dark Thirty last weekend. It was rather good although I raised an eyebrow at the nightclub scene in Kuwait. Worth a watch.

We did wonder about the nightclub in Kuwait, but then again it's not beyond the realms of possibility (although I doubt you could just turn up on the door).

Kix Jan 10th 2013 9:07 pm

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty, not a patch on Django Unchained, which, I think, is better than Skyfall.

So, top three thus far

Django Unchained
Skyfall
Um....

Patsy Stoned Jan 11th 2013 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10474769)

I haven't watched Hitchcock yet, but made for UK made for TV film called The Girl, about Hitchcock and Tippi Hedron was pretty good.

Over Christmas I have watched.... The Hobbit ( at the cinema and at home)
Skyfall, Les Miserables, Life of Pi, The Impossible, Django, Lincoln, Warrior and Lawless. (I had quite a few days off!! :D)

The last 2 were very good, I think Tom Hardy is a great actor, if you haven't seen him in Bronson, you need to see it.