New Expat in Jeddah

Old Apr 6th 2014, 9:48 am
Just Joined

construction67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Expat in Jeddah

Looking for up to date information on socializing in Jeddah, KSA.

I just relocated this past week to Jeddah. I am currently living in the city, and not in a compound. Just looking to make some new acquaintances (male or female). It would be great if I could meet some expats that are on compounds. It would be nice to sit around a swimming pool like a normal person.......

I actually have a very nice apartment about 5 minutes walk from the US Embassy, but as of today I have not made many new friends.

I look forward to meeting!!

Cheers,

Greg
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Expat in Jeddah

Check out the British Community Library located in the British Consulate. Good place to borrow books and to get info and meet people. Also check Italian Club (open to all EU citizens who become members). It is in Baghdadiya near downtown. Hail Street. Swimming pool
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Check out the British Community Library located in the British Consulate. Good place to borrow books and to get info and meet people. Also check Italian Club (open to all EU citizens who become members). It is in Baghdadiya near downtown. Hail Street. Swimming pool
Thank you for the information!! Only problem is I am an American.....just joined the British Expat group because it seemed very informative!!

Thanks again!!!
Old Apr 6th 2014, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Brit Library accepts colonials as members ! I am sure the Italian Club will also be welcoming
Old Apr 7th 2014, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Brit Library accepts colonials as members ! I am sure the Italian Club will also be welcoming

That is fantastic.......do you happen to know what hours they are open?
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by construction67
That is fantastic.......do you happen to know what hours they are open?
Scot......I found the British Library/Consulate website so I am all set!

Thank you!!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It really is a fantastic resource - better than many municipal libraries in the UK. And not threatened with closure. When you are in say that an ex-member and volunteer who worked for Saudi Arabian Airlines 1996-2002 suggested the place !