Reload this Page >

New to Dubai September 2014

New to Dubai September 2014

Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

pantobabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Dubai September 2014

Hi everyone!

I hope people don't mind me posting this on here. I'm a 24 year old female and I've just got a job at a British international school in Dubai to commence in September. I'm going to be moving out there on my own, and I'm a little nervous about moving my whole life and not knowing anyone out there, so I thought I'd post this to see if there are any other people who are making the move out to Dubai over the summer, teaching or not teaching, who are in the same situation! It would be great to get speaking to a few people before I go!
Old Feb 16th 2014, 8:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: New to Dubai September 2014

Originally Posted by pantobabe
Hi everyone!

I hope people don't mind me posting this on here. I'm a 24 year old female and I've just got a job at a British international school in Dubai to commence in September. I'm going to be moving out there on my own, and I'm a little nervous about moving my whole life and not knowing anyone out there, so I thought I'd post this to see if there are any other people who are making the move out to Dubai over the summer, teaching or not teaching, who are in the same situation! It would be great to get speaking to a few people before I go!
Don't worry.

You'll be greeted by the school with a host of other new teachers joining. They'll be instant mates for certain.

My mrs did the same a few years back and hasn't looked back.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Thank you for replying, that message has made me feel a lot better

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't worry.

You'll be greeted by the school with a host of other new teachers joining. They'll be instant mates for certain.

My mrs did the same a few years back and hasn't looked back.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thank you for replying, that message has made me feel a lot better
Feel free to say who you're working for but my Mrs joined a big company, I didn't see her for the first two weeks. All sorts of social events and things going on to get them settled and into the way of life.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:58 am
Just Joined

I'm actually going to be working at the new Nord Anglia school that opens in September, so whilst it's a big company, this is the first school they have in DXB!

Last edited by pantobabe; Feb 16th 2014 at 9:58 am. Reason: Spelling error
Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:27 am
Account Closed

I'm actually going to be working at the new Nord Anglia school that opens in September, so whilst it's a big company, this is the first school they have in DXB!
Cool, good luck. They have one up the road in Abu Dhabi I think.

WHere is the school in Dubai, is it built?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there,

DXB is a very sociable place. You'll meet folk very easily. Just get involved.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
WHere is the school in Dubai, is it built?
Looks like its between Al Khail Rd and the Old Emirates Rd near JVT...
http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/o...t/our-location
Old Feb 17th 2014, 5:28 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

In Al Barsha, off of Hessa Street/Al Khail where the ENOC petrol station is with Wendys. Nasty traffic on that slip road at rush hour.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:12 am
Just Joined

TGK_Art is an unknown quantity at this point

Pantobabe,
I went to Dubai a couple of weeks ago, on my own. I made at least 20 new friends out there of a whole host of ages. I am looking for jobs now as I think it looks fantastic. You will have a superb time!!
Im very jealous

Tam
Old Jul 18th 2014, 1:05 am
Just Joined

fitness189 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

My friend and I also 24 years of age are moving to Dubai in September! Both very nervous also! Where r you moving to?

T