Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A New Chuch Opens in UAE

A New Chuch Opens in UAE

Old Jun 16th 2013, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Chuch Opens in UAE

Originally Posted by redShark
I once proposed a solution to the problem of refugees in Europe
You invented Australia.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:00 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Really? Most of the muppets of which you're alluding to are homegrown Brits. Where are you going to deport them to?
I was only alluding to foreign born and non-integrated first and second generation immigrants. The Muppets among our own will always be with us regardless of who we let in and kick out. That's a different problem and can't be solved by sending them to Australia any more unfortunately...

N.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:03 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you don't understand this, do you?
I'm not going to Stoke or County Cork in Ireland or the bloody Caribbean if I get in trouble with the law...

N.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
My wife is half Malaysian, born and brought up in the UK. If she broke laws would that mean sending her back to Malaysia?

Where does it start, speeding fines, drink driving, theft, religious hatred, murder?

We are seeing home-grown fanatics now, they are breaking the law, but of their land, like it or not. When people emigrate and settle (i.e. generations) you have take the good with the bad.
We already have laws to deport recent immigrants for serious crimes like rape, murder etc. Openly treasonous statements could be easily added to that list. The problem is more do to with EU laws making it hard to deport some people we really don't want. The other problem is poor integration policies of successive governments as well.

The question is do we include the second generation in this if so, how? Since I feel immigrants who don't demonstrate integration into British mainstream culture, don't speak English or one of the Gaelic languages and who carry on as if they are colonising us shouldn't even have British passports regardless of if they are mixed or not I probably see this differently though. We should have a system like the UAE with a small gap for people who really do love Britain and our way of life to get citizenship, stay and become one of us regardless of where they are from.

N.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:32 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I'm not going to Stoke or County Cork in Ireland or the bloody Caribbean if I get in trouble with the law...

N.
This gets very complicated. Which bit of me goes where? If I break the law do I stay in England, go to Wales, or Austria, or Poland or Russia? Some of the borders have since changed too.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:39 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I once proposed a solution to the problem of refugees in Europe based on the successful experiment of the creation of Hong Kong. My idea was quite similar to that, just get the United Nations to rent a big piece of land from some poor African country for a period of 200 years. create a country in that land and send all the refugees in Europe over to that new country to live and work and develop it. Initially this new country will financially and militarily be supported by the UN but soon enough it will have its own functioning economy based, maybe on tourism, manufacturing, etc. The host African country will obviously benefit from the few billion dollars annual rent it gets from the UN, on top of the bounce of owning a new country 200 years down the line (just like China did).

Now I can see that by having such a country in existence, not only the problem of refugees in Europe will be solved but to a great extent the problem of crimes too. Multiple offending criminals (immigrants and whites), for example will be sent there too after serving their sentences in their home countries. Once they’ve served their times they would be stripped off their current European nationalities and be sent to their new home country to make a new life and will be treated as foreigners if they wish to come back home.
1. You obviously havent worked with the UN before! Them buggers cant organize a pissup in a brewery trust me!
2. What if that large population doest not want to move to an african country with no infrastructure, no nothing? sounds like what the americans did to the japanese living in the states after pearl harbor.

Practicality demands long term thinking my friend
Old Jun 17th 2013, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
where their family originally hailed from
Are you Nick Griffin in disguise? Arrrrre you Nick Griffin in disguise?
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:43 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
We already have laws to deport recent immigrants for serious crimes like rape, murder etc. Openly treasonous statements could be easily added to that list. The problem is more do to with EU laws making it hard to deport some people we really don't want. The other problem is poor integration policies of successive governments as well.

The question is do we include the second generation in this if so, how? Since I feel immigrants who don't demonstrate integration into British mainstream culture, don't speak English or one of the Gaelic languages and who carry on as if they are colonising us shouldn't even have British passports regardless of if they are mixed or not I probably see this differently though. We should have a system like the UAE with a small gap for people who really do love Britain and our way of life to get citizenship, stay and become one of us regardless of where they are from.

N.
The thing is, the world has moved on in the last 20-30 years, people move abroad to live/work. In the 1960's the people in the UK were happy for immigrants to do the shit work...same as now with Eastern Europeans. Maybe if a lot of these EDL supporters got off their arses and did work they perceive to be beneath them, then there would be less jobs for people from abroad to take (very similar to this region).

Back to deportation, if someone from Albania (as an example) rapes or murders they get sent home (and maybe pay a bung or call in a favour then are free to go). Someone from UK does the same and goes into a penal system with transparency. If my family were a victim I'd far rather see the perpetrator do the time here.

Britain has changed, like it or not.