British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   This new bridge in AD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/new-bridge-ad-636272/)

Blue Cat Oct 18th 2009 5:42 am

This new bridge in AD

My DH is in AD a couple of times a week and can't figure out how to get onto the new bridge, he reckons there are no signposts :confused: Can any of you AD folk help :)

busybee2 Oct 18th 2009 5:48 am

Re: This new bridge in AD

there are loads of signposts. coming from dxb follow the signs to yas island, marina circuit, saadiyat island etc. you will pass rabha (with the round hospital) on your right, then the road takes a right, past green fruit and veg market, pass big mosque at al bahia, and then just after that big new junction, if you come to the khalifa a and airport turnoffs with the big hoardings which are advertising the f1 and yas island etc then you have missed it. going this way comes into the mina port area just up from the "british" club they have completely changed the road layouts up there.

Blue Cat Oct 18th 2009 5:49 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8025110)
there are loads of signposts. coming from dxb follow the signs to yas island, marina circuit, saadiyat island etc. you will pass rabha (with the round hospital) on your right, then the road takes a right, past green fruit and veg market, pass big mosque at al bahia, and then just after that big new junction, if you come to the khalifa a and airport turnoffs with the big hoardings which are advertising the f1 and yas island etc then you have missed it. going this way comes into the mina port area just up from the "british" club they have completely changed the road layouts up there.

thanks BB I will show him this thread :)

spart Oct 19th 2009 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8025106)
My DH is in AD a couple of times a week and can't figure out how to get onto the new bridge, he reckons there are no signposts :confused: Can any of you AD folk help :)

Sign posting at this end (on the Island) is pretty poor. Tonnes of signs over at the Al Raha end though.

Blue Cat Oct 19th 2009 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by spart (Post 8027907)
Sign posting at this end (on the Island) is pretty poor. Tonnes of signs over at the Al Raha end though.

it's this end that is the problem :(

Jeeper Oct 19th 2009 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 8025110)

Good grief! At first I didn't know what mangled mess of words to expect when I saw that Busybee2 had responded to a request for directions...but I am shocked.....you've put commas in your text. Do I spot a couple of full-stops as well?!:)

chilled Oct 20th 2009 4:54 am

signage from Abu Dhabi end is terrible - hope they improve it before race day