British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Nespresso machines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/nespresso-machines-715605/)

kittycat1 May 4th 2011 8:01 am

Nespresso machines

Hi all,

I am thinking about buying a Nespresso machine as a gift, does anyone know if you get a pack of capsules with it when you buy it as I don't want to buy something that they can't use immediately? Anyone know? and are they simpleton proof?

Ta
xxx

Madam Medusa May 4th 2011 8:37 am

Re: Nespresso machines

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9342172)
Hi all,

I am thinking about buying a Nespresso machine as a gift, does anyone know if you get a pack of capsules with it when you buy it as I don't want to buy something that they can't use immediately? Anyone know? and are they simpleton proof?

Ta
xxx

bloody hell, nice gift...!

if you're buying it here, the nespresso shop stocks the capsules so you can get them at the same time...if it's in the uk, as far as i know, the machines don't come with the coffee, but you can get a starter pack for about £70 i think, which has loads of different types of coffee (well, you could in harrods) or you can order direct from nespresso online...

it is so easy to use, defo simpleton proof...!

MM, xx

kittycat1 May 4th 2011 8:41 am

Thanks MM, its for me mam as she needs a bit of spoiling. :D

kittycat1 May 4th 2011 8:42 am

and also means I can have a decent coffee when i go abck to visit ;)

Madam Medusa May 4th 2011 8:44 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9342213)
Thanks MM, its for me mam as she needs a bit of spoiling. :D

awww...well you can register her on the nespresso site and order the coffee from there for her, so there shouldn't be a problem...she will love it!

MM, xx

Tillybean May 4th 2011 8:52 am

<<Would like to be kittycat's friend if this is the kind of top gift she gives!>>

I know the ones in Dubai Mall come with a couple of pods and you can buy extra supplies. They are definitely fool proof - open up the lid, pop the pod in, shut the lid, press the button and by jingo, a nice cup of coffee.

Mmmmmm. Am heading to Dubai this weekend and might have to treat myself.

kittycat1 May 4th 2011 8:58 am

Ok confirmed I will order it tonight when I get home :D

My mum doesn't know how to switch on a computer so either my grumpy father will do it or I can do it from here when they run out :) Why on earth don't they just sell them in supermarkets? seems a bit daft to me! Anyway thanks for the feedback ladies.

Tillybean- generous to a fault Im afraid! Its why Im always skint! :D

Madam Medusa May 4th 2011 9:20 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9342229)
Why on earth don't they just sell them in supermarkets? seems a bit daft to me!

nespresso are, apparently, very precious about the quality/freshness of their coffee(!) so only certain outlets are permitted to stock the capsules...in the uk, buying direct from them online is the best way i think unless you happen to live somewhere that stocks them...

MM, xx

Paracletus May 4th 2011 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9342210)
but you can get a starter pack for about £70 i think, x

You get a fair amount of blue mountain coffee for that amount. :confused:

ctfc May 4th 2011 12:54 pm

Yes, you should get a starter pack with it which includes one capsule of each of the full range and a couple of the special edition ones - the Indira is fabulous

Seconded from above, just order capsules online (or by phone) for delivery

Bahtatboy May 4th 2011 1:49 pm

Anybody tried Vietnamese coffee? Apparently its one of the 4 largest producers of coffee in the world, together with Brazil, Columbia and Indonesia:huh:

typical May 4th 2011 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9342700)
Anybody tried Vietnamese coffee? Apparently its one of the 4 largest producers of coffee in the world, together with Brazil, Columbia and Indonesia:huh:

I was at the Vietnam Coffee Festival in Buon Ma Thuot earlier this year. :)

I'm not a coffee drinker but it is... how can I put it?... robust.

ctfc May 4th 2011 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by typical (Post 9342722)
I was at the Vietnam Coffee Festival in Buon Ma Thuot earlier this year. :)

I'm not a coffee drinker but it is... how can I put it?... robust.

Wasn't it the Vietnamese who first decided their coffee tasted better after having civet sh*t all over it? Says a lot really.

typical May 4th 2011 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ctfc (Post 9342740)
Wasn't it the Vietnamese who first decided their coffee tasted better after having civet sh*t all over it? Says a lot really.

I think that was the Indonesians, but the best weasel shit coffee in the world is indeed from Vietnam.

lionheart May 4th 2011 2:31 pm

Never heard of nespresso but then I had never heard of a band called Hurts until recently. As I personally hate expresso and Turkish coffee, it sounds bloody awful. :thumbdown: