Need some ideas

Old Apr 27th 2014, 7:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need some ideas

So before it gets too hot I'd like to make the most of the next few weeks and work outside as much as possible.

I often relocate for the day to boardwalk which I find eases the stress of dealing with idiots all day long.

What I could do with from you kind hearted yet perpetually bored lot is some ideas for similar locations.

There is an Arabic cafe thing down by the abra station in bur Dubai which isn't bad, boardwalk which I go to all too often but what other chilled places are there? Preferably outdoors, shaded, a breeze would be ideal and some kind of view that isn't obstructed by high rises and flyovers?

Answers on a postcard to
Get me the **** out of the office for a few more days.....
Old Apr 27th 2014, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some ideas

Originally Posted by shiva
So before it gets too hot I'd like to make the most of the next few weeks and work outside as much as possible.

I often relocate for the day to boardwalk which I find eases the stress of dealing with idiots all day long.

What I could do with from you kind hearted yet perpetually bored lot is some ideas for similar locations.

There is an Arabic cafe thing down by the abra station in bur Dubai which isn't bad, boardwalk which I go to all too often but what other chilled places are there? Preferably outdoors, shaded, a breeze would be ideal and some kind of view that isn't obstructed by high rises and flyovers?

Answers on a postcard to
Get me the **** out of the office for a few more days.....
I spent all of yesterday afternoon in the shade at Zabeel Park. Go the 'DIFC side' - no people, really quiet, lovely. Sat there and had my ice cream while mini tazzed on his bike. I failed with the kite though.

Or... if you want true solitude, go the the park that runs through the green community. sit in the band stand next to the fountains.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 8:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I spent all of yesterday afternoon in the shade at Zabeel Park. Go the 'DIFC side' - no people, really quiet, lovely. Sat there and had my ice cream while mini tazzed on his bike. I failed with the kite though.

Or... if you want true solitude, go the the park that runs through the green community. sit in the band stand next to the fountains.
zabeel sounds good, they got a cafe there? need regular caffeine boosts

solitude not essential as the creek can be busy yet in an oddly peaceful and non office like way
Old Apr 27th 2014, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

zabeel sounds good, they got a cafe there? need regular caffeine boosts

solitude not essential as the creek can be busy yet in an oddly peaceful and non office like way
humm. There are a few kiosks selling Lipton with rainbow, but no cafe as such.

I'd take a thermos
Old Apr 27th 2014, 8:56 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Millhouse
humm. There are a few kiosks selling Lipton with rainbow, but no cafe as such.

I'd take a thermos
as much as i do occasionally like a cheap chai i'll probably go with a thermos.
Any benches tables for a laptop?
Old Apr 27th 2014, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

as much as i do occasionally like a cheap chai i'll probably go with a thermos.
Any benches tables for a laptop?
yeh, near the BBQ area there is. I'm normally near the grass though

centre of this map is the bbq area:

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=25...95547&z=19&m=b
Old Apr 27th 2014, 10:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of places near the Burj Khalifa (both Dubai Mall and Souk al Bahar sides) with outside seating. Some, especially at the end and on the higher levels are pretty quiet. That's if you consider that a view you want to see, but the water is a nice relaxing shade of blue.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 11:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Meow
There are loads of places near the Burj Khalifa (both Dubai Mall and Souk al Bahar sides) with outside seating. Some, especially at the end and on the higher levels are pretty quiet. That's if you consider that a view you want to see, but the water is a nice relaxing shade of blue.
hhmmm its ok but not really what im after. parks and creek are more appealing, maybe even the beach somewhere
Old Apr 27th 2014, 11:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

hhmmm its ok but not really what im after. parks and creek are more appealing, maybe even the beach somewhere
There is cafe in Safa Park. I think its' called The Archive.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 11:52 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Meow
There is cafe in Safa Park. I think its' called The Archive.
done, id forgotten about that place thx
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:56 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

If you travel from bur Dubai towards Deira on the Khaleej Road, there is a tunnel called the Shindaga tunnel. If you dont go in it but take the right service lane much before it and after the Carrefour on your right, there is a cultural heritage type place which is usually deserted almost all the time (apart from that one day when the locals have their national day). There is the Emirates Diving Association office over there as well. I have never been inside that enclave (if you can call it that) as I just take a walk past it when I feel too fat. But I am sure there are table tops as well as caffeine shots in there somewhere. One lane even opens up to the creek, so its probably very close to the area what you are already talking about shiva.
Be warned that sometimes I have seen a tour bus deposit these strange looking creatures with cameras and fat ankles wobbling around taking pictures
This for your reference : http://goo.gl/maps/3npTn
Old Apr 28th 2014, 7:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
If you travel from bur Dubai towards Deira on the Khaleej Road, there is a tunnel called the Shindaga tunnel. If you dont go in it but take the right service lane much before it and after the Carrefour on your right, there is a cultural heritage type place which is usually deserted almost all the time (apart from that one day when the locals have their national day). There is the Emirates Diving Association office over there as well. I have never been inside that enclave (if you can call it that) as I just take a walk past it when I feel too fat. But I am sure there are table tops as well as caffeine shots in there somewhere. One lane even opens up to the creek, so its probably very close to the area what you are already talking about shiva.
Be warned that sometimes I have seen a tour bus deposit these strange looking creatures with cameras and fat ankles wobbling around taking pictures
This for your reference : http://goo.gl/maps/3npTn
thx, know the place but never been in, might try it but as you say the tourist hoards may repel me