Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Need Quality Legal Help in Dubai, reg whether or not I have a Case against me.

Need Quality Legal Help in Dubai, reg whether or not I have a Case against me.

Old Jul 29th 2009, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Zohan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Quality Legal Help in Dubai, reg whether or not I have a Case against me.

Hi All,

I am trying to find out if I have a file recorded against me in the UAE & other GCC countries. I left Dubai a couple of years ago due to bad treatment from my employer. Had to leave quick & left debts to three lenders, aprox £20k. Was unemployed on my return to the UK for a while so couldn't pay back.

I believe if I can find out my status & whether or not a creditor has reported me to the Police or whatever, I will be able to find out about it & hopefully make arrangements to make payments to clear any bans/ Arrest Warrants etc.

I have an offer of work in another GCC country & obviously do not want to be eextraditedor locked up when I get there!!!

I contacted a Legal Company in Dubai for help & got the following email:

""If you could provide us with a copy of passport as well as the copy of the visa stamped , I could find out if any case is registered against you here at Dubai and if so what kind of Case is it , whether if it is through out the GCC or not. Our service charges for the complete checkup is Dhs 4000. Kindly intimate if you are interested to proceed. Looking forward to your reply.""

1, Can anyone advise me on any other ccompanies that will do it for cheaper???
2, Is there another way of obtaining the info???
3, And will the info be reliable???

Thanks a lot in advance if anyone can give me some constructive advice

Last edited by Zohan; Jul 29th 2009 at 11:31 am.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Quality Legal Help in Dubai, reg whether or not I have a Case against me.

I would simply write back telling them you cannot afford AED4,000 but would AED2,500 do instead...it may work. Nothing comes for free over here.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need Quality Legal Help in Dubai, reg whether or not I have a Case against me.

One thing I do know there is no statute of limitions here. Someone once told me you can log onto the police web-site and check yourself. Not sure how it works, I'll investigate and get back to you in a couple of days.

Cheers