Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

NBD Credit Card Stopped

NBD Credit Card Stopped

Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:14 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NBD Credit Card Stopped

My boss has just been informed by NBD that his credit card has been cancelled. The reason given is that, as he tried to book hotel accommodation in the USA as part of a pre-arranged Caribbean Cruise in April, the card has been automatically stopped. As a result, he must go through the hassle of getting a new one. Does anyone in the banking sector know if this NBD policy relates to the credit crunch or is of a political nature involving the Gaza issue? Just curious...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:21 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NBD Credit Card Stopped

Originally Posted by lionheart
My boss has just been informed by NBD that his credit card has been cancelled. The reason given is that, as he tried to book hotel accommodation in the USA as part of a pre-arranged Caribbean Cruise in April, the card has been automatically stopped. As a result, he must go through the hassle of getting a new one. Does anyone in the banking sector know if this NBD policy relates to the credit crunch or is of a political nature involving the Gaza issue? Just curious...
LH I think this is just incompetence on the banks behalf, nothing political

I was in Hong Kong and Thailand recently and my card suddenly wouldnt work..

When i called to find out why, they informed me that they noticed a transaction from Hong Kong and then Thailand so they thought this was suspicious so they cancelled the card.

When i asked them why they never tried to call me to ask if i have used the card, thier reply was that they tried but my phone was off.

Maybe i was on a flight...

TWATS...

This has happened on many many occassions. They have told me times that they tried to contact me and I KNOW my phone was on...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Its prob just a security precaution, my bank does it all the time. I now have to call the bank to advise the dates i am traveling and which country!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
LH I think this is just incompetence on the banks behalf, nothing political

I was in Hong Kong and Thailand recently and my card suddenly wouldnt work..

When i called to find out why, they informed me that they noticed a transaction from Hong Kong and then Thailand so they thought this was suspicious so they cancelled the card.

When i asked them why they never tried to call me to ask if i have used the card, thier reply was that they tried but my phone was off.

Maybe i was on a flight...

TWATS...

This has happened on many many occassions. They have told me times that they tried to contact me and I KNOW my phone was on...
well over Eid, ort somthing like that the shops just stopped accepting all international credit cards, thats all I have, so I was pretty screwed, ridiculous man.