British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Naughty Granny! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/naughty-granny-596542/)

lionheart Mar 10th 2009 5:18 am

Naughty Granny!

Yet another example of Shariah Law being stupid. Any comments, Spugsy?
http://www.gulfnews.com/news/gulf/sa.../10293374.html

Spugsy Mar 10th 2009 5:30 am

Re: Naughty Granny!

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7362375)

They should just blow the whole country up. It's the stupiest thing I've ever heard, it's like something from thousands of years ago.

I hate the place.

hawkhead Mar 10th 2009 5:51 am

F**kwits.

lionheart Mar 10th 2009 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7362404)
They should just blow the whole country up. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, it's like something from thousands of years ago. I hate the place.

Sadly, things like this still go on in other Shariah compliant regions like Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Afghanistan, Sudan and these days more frequently in Pakistan too. The problem seems to me that Islamic fundamentalists interpret the Quran for their own political aims. Where for example does it say that women cannot drive? Its like the Middle Ages all over again.

hawkhead Mar 10th 2009 5:55 am

Are you just trying to bait beardy or what??

deemi786 Mar 10th 2009 6:09 am

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 7362450)

Sounds a little gross, like some MILF action going on!

Were they trying to be ultra civil here or does the term simply mean mingling??? If so thats out of order, is she was well...ahem then she deserves what she gets unfortunately, got to respect the law even if it is bull$h*t

"prison for mingling with two young men"

lionheart Mar 10th 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 7362450)

I thought he said recently that he was banned from discussing religion on here. Just wanting to see what Joe and Jane Public think.

hawkhead Mar 10th 2009 6:21 am

I thought he said recently that he was banned from discussing religion on here
Yeah but that didn't stop him from being terrifying yesterday.

Spugsy Mar 10th 2009 6:42 am

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 7362488)
Yeah but that didn't stop him from being terrifying yesterday.

This is true, it was almost insanity what he was coming out with.

I have to say though, and I know we have members over there in KSA, the place scares me, it really does, with this sort of thing going on I'd be terrified to go there in case I did something wrong by accident and got myself into trouble.

Sandboy Mar 10th 2009 8:16 am

good job they never had Sharia Law in Gateshead - I'd have been beheaded by the age of 13

maybe they asked to inspect her baps :blink:

Hello.Kitty Mar 10th 2009 10:04 am

what puzzles me is that one of the chaps was kind-of family - the late-husband's nephew or soemthing... so does that mean that when a husband dies, all his side of the family cease to be the woman's family too? Not being funny, but at 75 years old, it's probably a bit late to be sent back to your own parents' place!

Anyhow, yeah... had the option of living in Saudi earlier on this year, as you know. I took about... 0.5 seconds to say "no".

Norm_uk Mar 10th 2009 11:53 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7362375)

Yes it's a great example of Sharia law being stupid...one of many.

N.

deemi786 Mar 10th 2009 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 7363253)
Yes it's a great example of Sharia law being stupid...one of many.

N.

I had a friend live over there for 6 years and he said at first he was scared too, after hearing all the horror stories but then after a while he realised it was all bollox, if you decide to live there you should know what is and isnt acceptable, if you then get caught doing something which isnt acceptable then tough shit? His words not mine.

True allot of Sharia Law like nearly every other orthodox religion (Judaism for example) is mis interpreted and isnt "up to date' with western society's norms but you have to remember they have lived like this for years and the introduction of a few westerners isnt going to make them change their mind.

Norm_uk Mar 10th 2009 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7363943)
I had a friend live over there for 6 years and he said at first he was scared too, after hearing all the horror stories but then after a while he realised it was all bollox, if you decide to live there you should know what is and isnt acceptable, if you then get caught doing something which isnt acceptable then tough shit? His words not mine.

True allot of Sharia Law like nearly every other orthodox religion (Judaism for example) is mis interpreted and isnt "up to date' with western society's norms but you have to remember they have lived like this for years and the introduction of a few westerners isnt going to make them change their mind.

Of course...why go there if you don't like how they live and the laws they enforce?

I don't expect them to change for a long time. That won't stop me calling them or any other medieval group of religious nutters what they are - stupid.

N.

deemi786 Mar 10th 2009 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 7363966)
Of course...why go there if you don't like how they live and the laws they enforce?

I don't expect them to change for a long time. That won't stop me calling them or any other medieval group of religious nutters what they are - stupid.

N.

I wouldnt go as strong as to call them stupid, are they as stupid as the rednecks in the U.S or Orthdox racist Jews or Islamic brainwashed kids?

Just the way it is, they dont know any better and have ben brought up that way and so live the only way they know how.

Perhaps they would call us stupid, and they may have a decent point too....
but yes you are quite right, you have the right to call them whatever you want (as long as you arent in Saudi!)