Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The National / The Entertainer

The National / The Entertainer

Old Dec 27th 2012, 2:01 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The National / The Entertainer

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Home delivery darling. I have subscribed for the last 4 years. They are always on time and if it is forecast to rain they pop it in a cover
Lovely, thanks Patsy and Merry Xmas and great 2013
Old Dec 27th 2012, 3:46 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
The National are rerunning the offer of 300Dh for an annual subscription and a 'free' entertainer book.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenational/subscribe
Thanks, just bought. Where did y'all enjoy this last year? Think my best was Dusit Thani brunch, plus the kids liked Wild Wadi and Atlantis. Shame no beerslugfest bogof at Marines Bar...
Old Dec 27th 2012, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Thanks, just bought. Where did y'all enjoy this last year? Think my best was Dusit Thani brunch, plus the kids liked Wild Wadi and Atlantis. Shame no beerslugfest bogof at Marines Bar...
If the kids like the waterparks try Dreamland ... the design is based on a 70s style Spanish waterpark and has some quality rides without the queues.
Old Dec 27th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I see the second operation to remove your head from your arse has also failed. Sorry to hear that.

maybe there'll be an offer in the entertainer for a third attempt
Old Dec 28th 2012, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If the kids like the waterparks try Dreamland ... the design is based on a 70s style Spanish waterpark and has some quality rides without the queues.
I get the fine dining book...I guess you get the family 1. If you want any vouchers from the dining 1 let me know, I always have loads left. They have some great restaurants this year. (2013)
Old Dec 28th 2012, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Lovely, thanks Patsy and Merry Xmas and great 2013
Thank you darling, .....right back at you
Old Dec 28th 2012, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I get the fine dining book...I guess you get the family 1. If you want any vouchers from the dining 1 let me know, I always have loads left. They have some great restaurants this year. (2013)
Thanks for the offer, Patsy. I normally get the family one, but as a result of the National offer and the one Meow posted a couple of weeks back, I have both the family and fine dining one for this year.

The family one pays back on one family day out. I expect the fine dining one will be a bit harder for me to spend, but as it was 'free' with the national I thought I'd give it a punt.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

....... but have you all got your Rotana Rewards cards? I reckon Rotana are now paying me to eat there............
Old Dec 28th 2012, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
....... but have you all got your Rotana Rewards cards? I reckon Rotana are now paying me to eat there............
I have the Jumeirah Sirius card. I had enough points to have 7 nights at the Carlton Towers in London last year.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 7:28 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the offer, Patsy. I normally get the family one, but as a result of the National offer and the one Meow posted a couple of weeks back, I have both the family and fine dining one for this year.

The family one pays back on one family day out. I expect the fine dining one will be a bit harder for me to spend, but as it was 'free' with the national I thought I'd give it a punt.
I bought the fine dining one last year, and only got about half the value back, so this time I picked up the standard one.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I bought the fine dining one last year, and only got about half the value back, so this time I picked up the standard one.
Blimey! Just a couple of vouchers for a main course will cover the cost of the book darling
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:32 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey! Just a couple of vouchers for a main course will cover the cost of the book darling
Yeah, I know.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 1:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know.
Did you only use one voucher then?
Old Dec 29th 2012, 2:56 pm
You read these things?

Originally Posted by Meow
Did you only use one voucher then?
Nah, I think I used about three or four. Not quite 220AED saved if I remember right.

I thought I was going to use it more than I ended up doing.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 8:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I think I used about three or four. Not quite 220AED saved if I remember right.

I thought I was going to use it more than I ended up doing.
I normally pull out the vouchers for the places we visit regularly first and keep them handy, you can't lug the book all over the place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.