British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Myleene Klaas isn't as bright as she thinks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/myleene-klaas-isnt-bright-she-thinks-723691/)

Meow Jul 5th 2011 2:00 pm

Myleene Klaas isn't as bright as she thinks

I have just been listening to a recent episode of BBC Radio 4's Womans Hour in which Myleene Klass was interviewed as part of a segment on women in business exporting overseas. Apparently she designs clothes for children and sells in the Middle East. She first claimed that Ramadan is a big jolly festival where everyone goes shopping, but at least the presenter corrected her to advise that this was actually Eid at the end of Ramadan.

Better than this however was her other claim. She apparently sells ski suits for children in Dubai. When asked why this was what with this being a rather warm place, did she mention the ski slope? No, she claimed that people wear them to go shopping in the malls as the aircon is so cold!

Yes, this is the same Myleene Klass who appeared in adverts for Dubai despite being an unwed mother and preganant with her second child at the time. (I guess the usual celeb concession applied.) She claims to have visited numerous times as well.

:rolleyes:

norsk Jul 5th 2011 2:32 pm

Re: Myleene Klaas isn't as bright as she thinks

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9476480)
I have just been listening to a recent episode of BBC Radio 4's Womans Hour in which Myleene Klass was interviewed as part of a segment on women in business exporting overseas. Apparently she designs clothes for children and sells in the Middle East. She first claimed that Ramadan is a big jolly festival where everyone goes shopping, but at least the presenter corrected her to advise that this was actually Eid at the end of Ramadan.

Better than this however was her other claim. She apparently sells ski suits for children in Dubai. When asked why this was what with this being a rather warm place, did she mention the ski slope? No, she claimed that people wear them to go shopping in the malls as the aircon is so cold!

Yes, this is the same Myleene Klass who appeared in adverts for Dubai despite being an unwed mother and preganant with her second child at the time. (I guess the usual celeb concession applied.) She claims to have visited numerous times as well.

Well if you look that good it doesn't matter if you're not up there with the best in terms of smarts....

Still funny though :thumbsup:

Morecambe Mindy Jul 5th 2011 3:58 pm

Actually she might have something there, there could be a stand outside the cinema renting the snow suits out .. could be a bit of a money making opportunity!

I'm thinking that she is either very dim or on drugs.:unsure:

The Dean Jul 5th 2011 4:15 pm

Met her once at a charity lunch...... utterly delightful, and totally unspoiled by what was, at that time at least, a very bright career..............

.......... and in 'real life', far more beautiful than you could possibly imagine.

Spugsy Jul 5th 2011 4:33 pm

Odd indeed, but tell you what, by Christ I'd ruin her ;)

The Dean Jul 5th 2011 4:45 pm

1 Attachment(s)
She needs to learn some manners though.......... someone should tell her it's rude to point.......... :huh:

co durham boy Jul 5th 2011 5:37 pm

I'd certainly drill her after a few cans...

Morecambe Mindy Jul 5th 2011 8:24 pm

Funny, all the blokes would seriously ruin her???? Bet they wouldn't dare speak if they saw her in real life!

The Dean Jul 6th 2011 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 9477298)
Funny, all the blokes would seriously ruin her???? Bet they wouldn't dare speak if they saw her in real life!

See my post......?

I didn't try to get her knickers off though............

Meow Jul 6th 2011 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 9477298)

It's realy quite pathetic. As if any would stand a chance anyway. :rolleyes:

co durham boy Jul 6th 2011 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9477967)

There's always a chance.....:rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 6th 2011 5:39 am

It'd be unlikely to be in the situation and frankly, banging her isn't worth losing the mrs over.

But...I'd look great hanging out the back of it.

Meow Jul 6th 2011 5:39 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9477972)
There's always a chance.....:rofl:

Awww, bless your optimism ;)

The point of my post was that she made daft comments. It was nothing to do with her appearance, which is not relevant to her incorrect and really rather idiotic public comments.

Spugsy Jul 6th 2011 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9477967)

Why aye, my Geordie charm never fails!

Meow Jul 6th 2011 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9477992)
Why aye, my Geordie charm never fails!

*chokes on tea*