British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   My wife is flogging her car.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/my-wife-flogging-her-car-760494/)

commander Jun 3rd 2012 5:51 am

My wife is flogging her car....

Not sure if i am allowed to post this here...

Anyway, yesterday we popped into a garage just for a look and ended up buying a new car, it is getting delivered soon.

So..my wife is selling her Toyota Prado VX. Its 2006 top of the range model. The one with the spare tyre underneath. It is silver with grey leather interior.
We have a Toyota service agreement from new so it has always been serviced at Al Futtaim.

We bought it brand new in 06 and it has done approx 90,000Kms never ever taken offroading.

The only issue we have had was around 2 years ago the AC compressor went, and we replaced it. Apart from that, its been perfect.

Of course, it has the small scratches etc that one would expect from a 6 year old car in this country, but it has never been in an accident.

Plus my wife drives like a pansy so its never been thrashed.

Anyway, anyone know of anyone who is on the lookout for a reliable 4x4 with a known history, drop me a line.

Cheers

flares Jun 3rd 2012 6:17 am

Re: My wife is flogging her car....

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10097341)

Anyway, yesterday we popped into a garage just for a look and ended up buying a new car, it is getting delivered soon.

like your style

did the same impulse thing albeit 6 years ago now

Millhouse Jun 3rd 2012 6:20 am

what did you buy?

Blue Cat Jun 3rd 2012 6:20 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10097341)
Not sure if i am allowed to post this here...

So..my wife is selling her Toyota Prado VX. Its 2006 top of the range model. The one with the spare tyre underneath. It is silver with grey leather interior.
We have a Toyota service agreement from new so it has always been serviced at Al Futtaim.

We bought it brand new in 06 and it has done approx 90,000Kms never ever taken offroading.

The only issue we have had was around 2 years ago the AC compressor went, and we replaced it. Apart from that, its been perfect.

Of course, it has the small scratches etc that one would expect from a 6 year old car in this country, but it has never been in an accident.

Plus my wife drives like a pansy so its never been thrashed.

Anyway, anyone know of anyone who is on the lookout for a reliable 4x4 with a known history, drop me a line.

Cheers

stick it on expatflange classifieds, sold mine same day :)

commander Jun 3rd 2012 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10097357)

i think im banned from there for....well, being me:D

commander Jun 3rd 2012 8:01 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10097355)
like your style

did the same impulse thing albeit 6 years ago now

most unlike me and the missus. We usually procastinate over spending 10AED on a milkshake. Felt good though. For the first time we actually immediately agree'd on the car and went for it.

We have been looking for a while but never agreed on a car. Everything ranging from an M3 (my choice) to a mini cooper (her choice):D

We reached a compromise with a VW Golf 'R'.

commander Jun 3rd 2012 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10097357)

ill rejoin..and repost. Can you spread the word via your twitter thingy (i dont use twitter)

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 3rd 2012 8:26 am

How much?

commander Jun 3rd 2012 8:53 am

Around 80K

Its main use has been transporting our most valued asset's to/from the Ranches to Gems Silicon Oasis school.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 3rd 2012 8:58 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10097502)
Around 80K

Its main use has been transporting our most valued asset's to/from the Ranches to Gems Silicon Oasis school.

That's cheap.

I'll ask around the office and see if there is any interest.

commander Jun 3rd 2012 9:19 am

Cheers. That's about the going rate for them. With this one though, its history is genuine and it really has had one careful lady owner

jackthehat Jun 3rd 2012 9:23 am

How many lashes is it going to get?

commander Jun 3rd 2012 9:44 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10097547)
How many lashes is it going to get?

6 of the best.:D

Blue Cat Jun 3rd 2012 10:28 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10097435)
ill rejoin..and repost. Can you spread the word via your twitter thingy (i dont use twitter)

you don't need to be a member to post on the classifieds how do you think I managed it, give me the link for dubizzle I will tweet it :)

commander Jun 3rd 2012 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10097632)
you don't need to be a member to post on the classifieds how do you think I managed it, give me the link for dubizzle I will tweet it :)

ive set it up on expatsnatch.

Its not on dubizzle yet. When it goes, ill send it to you. appreciated Queen of social media:D

Ive already had emails from:

loverfarhad and ayan-ayan offering cash....:D