My simple interest

Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Mariah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question My simple interest

I'm living and working in Doha, Qatar now. Sunshine every day, I don't need worry about raining and cold weather so that basically I'm happy here.

By the way, I noticed that I did not require any copy of school certificates, even other arabs or asian staff required massive amount of copy of certificates, when my employer applied a working permit for me. I asked my friends (British and French) in Oman, they also did not require any copy of school certificates.

I'm interesting about this somehow. So that any Gulf country, Kuwait or Bahrain or UAE or Saudi Arabia, don't required any copy of certificates when British people apply working permit??

If you know this, please inform me.

Thanks,
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

skeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud ofskeleton has much to be proud of
Default Re: My simple interest

That depends upon ur company.No Need to submit any educational certificates.If i am wrong correct me.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skeleton
That depends upon ur company.No Need to submit any educational certificates.If i am wrong correct me.
I needed to provide the authenticated original certificate (in my case it was a Masters) signed by a solicitor and authenticated by the Foreign Office and the UAE embassy in London. That was for my first job here which was under a Dubai Labour Department visa.

for my new job in a Freezone I did not have to provide it.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:44 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

I believe it depends on the post you're holding at whichever company you're in. As in, if it is a Managerial post or an administrative post, you're required to have atleast a Bachelor's Degree. (Its a requirement of the Labour Department).
Other positions for example secretaries etc. dont require such certificates.

That's what my understanding is.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:14 pm
W10

You don't need to have a degree to work anywhere in Dubai. It is up to the company to decide if it wishes to ask for one. But there are no rules about having a degree in order to work in management.

Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:51 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone fancy a shag?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:58 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Anyone fancy a shag?
Oh.. I have a headache sweetie
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:04 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
Oh.. I have a headache sweetie
Not again!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:07 pm

Not again!
Oh.. thought you'd say you have a cure....
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:13 pm
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by beebee
Oh.. thought you'd say you have a cure....
I have: Sex.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 6:16 pm

I have: Sex.
Simple....