British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   My plumber story (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/my-plumber-story-690688/)

kittycat1 Oct 23rd 2010 6:03 am

My plumber story

Hi all,

I am currently waiting for a plumber and though I would share the experience as and when it unfolds so anyone yet to experience a UAE tradesman can get an idea if the fiasco that is having your toilet fixed.

The story so far; I have a problem with my toilet, the stopcock seems to have stopped working so the water is overflowing continuously- its like Niagra falls in my bathroom. So I spoke to the security guy who told me to call the landlord, who responded quite quickly saying they would arrange someone to come out- so far so good. So I get home from work to find a note under my door saying that someone had come to fix it but noone answered-(possibly because I was at work and hadn't been informed that someone would be coming), So I called the chappie to arrange a time to which we have arranged this morning, at 930- 10 am, so after some scare mongering by friends on facebook telling me the horror of a day that will no doubt unfold I called the guy to check he is bringing his tools, ah yes madam I remember now- I will be with you in one hour- so already late. he hasn't confirmed he is bringing any equipment so god knows what he'll turn up with- possibly a chocolate teapot!

The sgaa continues...

kittycat1 Oct 23rd 2010 6:31 am

Re: My plumber story

Ok this turns out not to be an interesting story at all- Jason the wonderboy, has turned up and fixed it with 5 minutes! Woohoo!

See its not all bad here!

Roadking Oct 23rd 2010 6:55 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8937136)
Ok this turns out not to be an interesting story at all- Jason the wonderboy, has turned up and fixed it with 5 minutes! Woohoo!

See its not all bad here!

Well, thanks for that. You could have made something up to make it interesting!

kittycat1 Oct 23rd 2010 6:58 am

I know Im sorry its a non story really- hangs head in shame!

flares Oct 23rd 2010 8:04 am

once saw a German video with a plumber and a bored housewife...he certainly didn't forget his tools

kittycat1 Oct 23rd 2010 10:34 am

haha flares- well this was no german video material- sadly! Now I could make up a story about that but don't think it would be suitable for this forum lol

Norm_uk Oct 24th 2010 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8937219)
once saw a German video with a plumber and a bored housewife...he certainly didn't forget his tools

What happened? Did he fix the plumbing?...