Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

My new hero....... the Mayor of Doncaster!

My new hero....... the Mayor of Doncaster!

Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default My new hero....... the Mayor of Doncaster!

http://www.annaraccoon.com/politics/the-maverick-mayor/
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:31 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My new hero....... the Mayor of Doncaster!

And here is the charming political party he represents...
http://www.englishdemocraticparty.org.uk/
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:28 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Oh my god! What a crappy web site, all those different colours just clash, don't you think? And no pictures, just loads n loads of text.

I suggest they spend millions of taxpayers money and update their website; it's only right and it is critical to the proper government of the country.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:33 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was only the Scots they hated, but they cast their net wider.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Tough............ so-called extremists will continue to make an electoral impact if Mr Average Man In The Street remains disillusioned with the 'major' parties.

And isn't it ironic that the 'extremist' mayor is the one who is cutting back on wasteful spending, red tape, etc? None of the major parties seem able or indeed willing to.

There are bigger and more important examples: look at the BNP winning two seats in the European elections, even though they gained fewer votes than last time (2004). Under the PR system, they and others can get elected if voters who had previously voted for other parties simply stay at home (thus increasing, in percentage terms, the value of the BNP vote).
Old Sep 6th 2009, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Tough............ so-called extremists will continue to make an electoral impact if Mr Average Man In The Street remains disillusioned with the 'major' parties.

And isn't it ironic that the 'extremist' mayor is the one who is cutting back on wasteful spending, red tape, etc? None of the major parties seem able or indeed willing to.

There are bigger and more important examples: look at the BNP winning two seats in the European elections, even though they gained fewer votes than last time (2004). Under the PR system, they and others can get elected if voters who had previously voted for other parties simply stay at home (thus increasing, in percentage terms, the value of the BNP vote).
sensationalist politics , the daily mail fodder will be waving the flags and singing 'jerusalem' over afternoon tea!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

They may get more posts now, but sooner or later the BNP people will get caught with their fingers in the till, or in some child's anatomy. They always do.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by seven seas
They may get more posts now, but sooner or later the BNP people will get caught with their fingers in the till, or in some child's anatomy. They always do.
How to get rid of the BNP?

Don't "ban" them (that's the sort of thing they do in Burma or North Korea), but crush them at the polls instead. They won 2 seats at the European elections (decided on a PR basis) because a low number of votes was quite a high percentage in a VERY low overall turnout.

Tell all your mates back home to come to a voting pact - get 4 people who cannot be bothered to vote to do so. One will vote Tory, one UKIP, one Labour and one Lib Dem..... this makes one vote for the BNP worth only 20 percent. If eight people do it, the BNP percentage is reduced to 11 percent. And so on.

"For evil to succeed, it is only necessary for good men to do nothing."
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

the way to get rid of the BNP is to listen and act on some of the legitimate complaints of the people who have switched to vote for them. not everybody voting for them are Nazi's
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
the way to get rid of the BNP is to listen and act on some of the legitimate complaints of the people who have switched to vote for them. not everybody voting for them are Nazi's
Fair point - but why or how would that "get rid" of them?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

correct,a large percentage of people are voting for them because of local issues such as , housing,refuse collection,transport links,pensioners rights and so on.they've tapped into that and thats why they are winning seats in local goverment.
other parties must listen to these local issues and come up with the answer, these things matter to all but more so to people in provincial towns that suffer high unemployment and have a high immigrant population with minimum resources.
all that is just a cover for the filth and bile that they propagate but it must be tackled in a democratic way,because it is a democracy!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:58 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
I thought it was only the Scots they hated, but they cast their net wider.
I always thought that hate was the other way around...most English people couldn't care less about Scotland really...they are too busy being taxed to death without representation by Parliament and having their cities changed culturally and demographically by unbridled immigration to worry too much about their cousins up in the northern part of the Isles.

Back on subject - that website is dire...and contains quotes by American revolutionaries...are they planning to make Britain a Republic or are they just not very smart?

That said - I admire any politician who takes a pay cut...well done to him.

N.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:02 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point. Not all Germans were racist facists in the 1930s either...

We are supposed to enshrine free speach and democracy (I wonder about the latter as we still have an unelected head of state!)....evidently if we wish to "get rid" of legitimate political parties just because we don't find them tasteful of politically correct we are actually facist in our thinking.

The BNP should be engaged, debated and tried in the same way as any other party. If they call for hate or violence they should be brought to the courts like anyone else...otherwise bring them in, talk to them and see why they are so popular. They have a right to speak same as anyone else...

N.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by co durham boy
correct,a large percentage of people are voting for them because of local issues such as , housing,refuse collection,transport links,pensioners rights and so on.they've tapped into that and thats why they are winning seats in local goverment.
other parties must listen to these local issues and come up with the answer, these things matter to all but more so to people in provincial towns that suffer high unemployment and have a high immigrant population with minimum resources.
all that is just a cover for the filth and bile that they propagate but it must be tackled in a democratic way,because it is a democracy!!!!
I think you can get all of that from UKIP, but without the vitriolic bile the BNP carries...........
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

People vote for the BNP because they are ****s. All the other stuff is excuses.
It's like the old "Sorry I made a grab at your ass last night, I must have had too much to drink.." excuse.
Nobody gets tricked unless they let it happen. Nobody believes all that crap unless they want to.

How do we get rid of them? We probably can't. There will always be a core of ignorant people, numbers depending on factors such as employment figures, regional and international news, and crime stats.

Or we could ban sex offenders frpom running for public office. That would do it.

Last edited by seven seas; Sep 8th 2009 at 10:22 pm. Reason: Just remembered that bit...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.