Wikiposts

My husband ...

Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:50 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My husband ...

Originally Posted by Charismatic
It's only a bloody DVD player, if he spend a few grand on coke, strippers and working girl then that response would be more justified . Give the boy a "get out of jail free" card to make the score even.
if he had done that then the word DIVORCE would have come into play
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:57 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Crikey, I'd consider that just a small misunderstanding.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:58 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't spoken to him for two days over this, I rang him and told him that you can get the codes from the shop, he must have got in the car and gone straight there because he rang me back in less than half an hour!
2 days?!?!

Holy shit woman, give the mouse a break!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:00 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My husband ...

Originally Posted by Eva
[/B]poor pun there Chari
Unintentional, as you where Eva .
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

bought a new dvd recorder thingy cos the old one broke down, but we are going to get it repaired and use it in the bedroom. I consequently ordered 140 quids worth of DVD's from Amazon to watch over Christmas with our friend Andy who is coming up from New Zealand on holiday. The new machine doesn't play any of the DVD's :curse::curse::curse: is there any way round this? I am absolutely furious with him :curse: and as for taking it back, he has thrown the box away
Hi BC,

Had the same experience here. Bought an expensive DVD player / recorder that played off half the DVD's I had bought. Guess what? Bought the cheapest piece of DVD machinery I could find and it plays them all!!!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:35 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I may be mistaken, but I think the DVD in question is a recorder, not just a player. they are not a couple of hundred AED. But, hey, we all make mistakes and that's an easy one to make. Go easy on him, BC, it's a man and gadget thing.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:35 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: My husband ...

Originally Posted by USExpat
Bought the cheapest piece of DVD machinery I could find and it plays them all!!!
You can also use programs like "Region free CSS" to use your computer to play the DVDs and just connect it to the telly using S-video cable.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Buy a cheap Chinese made unit. They are usually not regionalised and play anything without problems!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

You can also use programs like "Region free CSS" to use your computer to play the DVDs and just connect it to the telly using S-video cable.
I know that software, works great. This Asus laptop came with a Home Media Center (TV & Radio antenna / DVD player & Recording software / Radio receiver. You can also buy it separately. It works great for me, doesn't demand that much as the Microsoft package does running under Vista.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 12:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

right we are all sorted thanks to the link Insellafen posted and not the photocopied instructions we got from Phillips!! I didn't have to make any phone calls so all is sweet now I can watch my Still Game Christmas Special and Little Britain Overseas in the luxury of my living room.

Yes this isn't just a player it is a recorder with a hard drive etc.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:55 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Unintentional, as you where Eva .
were not where Chari..........

x